To The Mom Who Was Also My Father

To The Mom Who Was Also My Father

"To the mom who fixed cars, lamps, and trampolines."

17
To The Mom Who Was Also My Father
msecnd.net

To the mom who got two presents on Father's Day, because she was more of a man than the one who walked out on his family.

To the mom who fixed cars, lamps, and trampolines.

To the mom who was your coach and also washed the rugby cleats from a muddy day.

Who played catch instead of making cute things, like pottery out of clay.

Who told you,"baby, you need to toughen up. No woman or man will save you."

To the mom who taught her son how to treat a female with respect, as if she was giving hints like it's Blue's Clues.

To the mom who taught her daughter it's okay to fix cars, and play sports, because a girl doesn't have to look pretty in pink and settle down.

A mother who always had a tough heart, and surprised you when she acted like a clown.

A mother who made you your favorite foods, but also gave you your first shot of alcohol.

A mother who is too busy to answer your phone calls, but always checks on you to make sure you're alive.

Lastly, a mom who wasn't a father, but only a human being who took on the role of showing her child that life isn't always easy, but in the end just sit back and watch the clouds. Telling you, "You can learn a lot if you just look up."