To The One Who Changed My Life

To The Professor I Already Know I Owe My Career To

While River Falls suffers a tremendous loss, Appleton wins the freaking lottery.

39

All I can think to say is thank you. Thank you for being a part of the best year of my life. Thank you for giving me my love for economics. Thank you for being the one who made me fall in love with my education. Thank you for seeing something in me. Thank you for believing in me when I had doubts about myself. Thank you for becoming my advisor and for giving me the honor of being your assistant. Thank you for all the wisdom and all the laughs. Thank you for never letting me hang my head low. Thank you for the constant inspiration and encouragement. Thank you for helping me through one of the hardest years of my life. Thank you for being there every step of the way these last nine months even when every step was filled with uncertainty. I'm not sure who or where I would be without you.

Thank you for teaching me what it looks like to be a good person. You are a remarkable human being and you embody everything a person should be. You walk gently across this earth and you really do have the biggest heart. Thank you for being someone I can look up to, someone who inspires me each and every day.

Thank you for all you have taught me. You have taught me sacrifice and that hard work really does pay off, but to never forget what is really important. You have taught me that life always has a funny way of working itself out eventually. You have taught me that maybe it's not about the ending but rather the story. You have taught me to put my trust in God and believe in my purpose. You have taught me to find what I love and make it my life.

There was a certain pressure that came with being your TA but I was a better student because of it. And even though you'll be miles away, a certain part of me will always carry that with me. I'm going to make you so proud, I promise.

So as this chapter comes to an end, know that I am going to miss our Monday morning meetings, Wednesday coffee runs and being able to come visit you whenever I wanted. You changed my life and I want you to know that I won't forget you and everything you taught me.

Regardless of how much this hurts right now, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. You have given me more than any other professor or teacher ever has and for that I am grateful. Best of luck in Appleton. They're getting a good one.