To The Sisters Who Stay

To The Sisters Who Stay

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

2
To The Sisters Who Stay
Facebook

To My Sisters:

Someone told me a few days ago that it's okay to be sad when you leave college and move back home after graduation. They told me that it means the place meant more to you than just a diploma and a potential career. It means that whatever you were involved in made a lasting impression on your life, and boy, did you guys change my life for the better.

Ever since I joined our sisterhood, I was shown something much bigger than myself. I was shown what can happen when a group of diverse girls with similar values and love can do. I was shown sisterhood, given soulmates, challenged, lifted up on my bad days and I laughed more than I ever had. I was shown that there are bonds that are unbreakable, even between people I didn't think I'd ever come to know when I started college.

We've laughed, cried, bonded, cried some more, found hope, lifted each other back to our feet and archived so many memories just because of this sisterhood. My life is full of love because of you and I can feel the pain in every inch of my heart as I realize that my time with you is quickly coming to an end. You have been my support system, and I don't know what I'm going to do in my adulthood without you.

I want you all to know how much you will be missed, but I also want you to know that I have full confidence in you to continue the growth and improvement of our organization. The Class of 2016 has done our part, and now the ball is in your court.

To The New Executive Council

Don't be afraid to challenge each other and share your ideas freely. You are the backbone of our chapter. There will be fights, bickering, laughter, tears, stress and lots of GroupMe posts, but I believe in you. I trust you to carry out the traditions of our sisterhood in the best way possible, and I trust that you'll make the necessary changes to continue the positive growth of our sisterhood. I believe in you wholeheartedly, and I know you will each bring something to the table that is necessary for this to be the best year ever. If people are illogical, unreasonable or self-centered, love them anyway.

To The Juniors

Soon, it'll be you. You will be the oldest pledge classes, the oldest members, and your "reason" for joining our sisterhood might be graduating. Don't give up. Find your reason to continue loving our sisterhood just as we did. My heart hurts as I think about leaving you all. You're the reason I worked hard to be a positive example for everyone walking through our door. I see myself in you. I see the young women ready to take on the future and the world. No matter what, I am always a phone call away. You can do anything you set your mind to. I'm so proud of you.

To My Daughter

Since I joined later, you didn't come into my life until Fall 2015 -- my senior year. I know our time together was stressful and short, but I couldn't ask for a better daughter. You opened my eyes to a new and different side of the world, one that I was hesitant to explore. I will miss you more than you'll know, but always remember I'm there if you need me. I can't wait to meet my grandbaby (when you take one) and I can't wait for updates on our little Greek family (your brothers included.) I love you!

I want you all to know that as you sister and friend I'll be there for you no matter the time zone difference, no matter how crazy life gets, no matter what. I'll always be there. You can count on me.

As you continue to grow, bond and lean on one another, I want you to show every new member of our organization the love you showed me. I want you to welcome her with open arms and change her life for the better. I want you to confide in your sisters, become vulnerable, cry, laugh, hug, cry some more, party as hard as you study, never turn down dinner dates and never refuse a bottle of wine. One day, you'll be looking back on everything and wishing you could do it all again. Be kind to one another, and love each other the way I have loved and will continue to love you.

These next two weeks will be full of stress and tears, goodbyes and see you laters. My heart will break as I turn over my Vice President binder to the new officer. Most importantly, they'll be filled with celebration and I'll enjoy the life I have created with my best friends.

This is what sisters are for.

With love,

A Graduate of the Class of 2016