To The Girl Who Is Not Society's Definition Of Beautiful

"I am different...And different changes the world."

15
Google

I remember being in high school and always wondering why God didn't make me to be the "typical" beautiful girl. Ya know, the one with the flawless face & perfect hair. At least one person always comes to mind when descriptions like that are used. One day, I went to a talent casting call and a friend talked me into going in for the modeling portion as well. That day, a casting director told me something I will never forget. I watched as all the girls I considered beautiful were walking away without a callback sheet. Yet somehow, I had one in my hand. I was a little concerned and asked the lady, "why did you pick me, when those other girls fit the role better?" She looked at me and said, "Those girls all look the same. They have the same facial features, same body, and same fake confidence. But you are different, and different is what changes the world."

That last part really hit me. My high cheekbones and weirdly shaped nose really aren't what every girl has ... but it is what makes me who I am. Just like the unique parts of you make you who you are. If we all looked the exact same, life would be pretty boring. God sculpted each one of us to look a certain way...and God doesn't make mistakes. It's really interesting to think that the God of the universe, who has total control over who is put on earth, decided that the world needed to see you and your beautiful, talented self. So the next time you look in the mirror, don't let your first thought be, "I wish I could change my..." Change your mindset to say, "I am different... And different changes the world." Now, go slay like the queen that you are.