To The Girl Who...

To The Girl Who...

A short journey into my life over the past year

25
To The Girl Who...

To the girl who entered a relationship for all the wrong reasons and thought that she could handle more than she could I want to say I forgive you.

To the girl who almost cheated on her boyfriend because of how insecure she was, I want to say I forgive you.

To the girl who believed that her relationship defined her and her self worth I want to say I forgive you.

To the girl who lashed out on her family because she forgot how much they loved her, I want to say I forgive you.

To the girl who begged for love and didn't believe she deserved more than what she got, I want to say I forgive you.

To the girl who apologized for wanting the bare minimum in her relationship I want to say I forgive you

To the girl who was the center of rumours she could not control I want to say I forgive you

To the girl who allowed herself to be the backup plan I want to say I forgive you

To the girl who entered her first year of university with a bad headspace, I want to say I forgive you

To the girl who was so caught up in the drama she never gave her self room to breathe in the fresh air I want to say I forgive you

To the girl who stayed in toxic friendships because she felt as if they were "good enough", I want to say I forgive you

To the girl who lost herself in the midst of trying to fight for relationships and friendships that were not worth saving, I want to say I forgive you

AND most importantly to the girl who didn't turn to God during these tough times, I want to say I forgive you

You see we all face traumatic experiences and hardships in our lives and although it feels like we will never overcome them we must trust that we will. You see God throws us curveballs BUT he also saves us through these curveballs. I truly believe that I would not be in the mental space that I am in today if it weren't for God and the experiences that I endured.

People often say that "time truly heals" but I believe that "God truly heals us through time". God's word and promises are what saved me and I am truly thankful for that. His word was a guide for me unto the new path that I am embarking on.

Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

Although I may never be the girl that I was once before, I trust that one day soon I will be happier than even that girl because now I have God beside me and nothing is impossible through Him because His word is alive & active and because He is a shield to all those who take refuge in Him.

So, to the girl who went through all that and yet is still sitting here writing this blog post, I am beyond proud of you and the journey that you have faced thus far. Not only did it make you stronger but it made you braver. I forgive you, I love you and I know that you will achieve all of your dreams!

xo