To The Girl Between Skinny and Fat

To The Girl Who Is Stuck Somewhere In Between 'Skinny' And 'Fat' — Never Overthink How Amazing You Are

Your awkward weight does not make you any less beautiful.

628
Personal photo

To The Girl Who Is Stuck Somewhere In Between 'Skinny' And 'Fat',

I do not view myself overweight, but I am far from having a flat stomach.

I understand that everyone has rolls when they sit down but my rolls are different than someone who has a level stomach when they stand. I truly do apologize if I offend anyone, but skinny shaming and fat shaming are not the same.

Skinny shaming is very real and I'm not trying to say that it doesn't exist, but being told you are skinny is a much better compliment than being told you are fat. I'm a chubby girl and when someone tells me I'm skinny it makes me happy because I feel more beautiful.

There are some moments when I am okay with my chubby stomach, but there are some days I do not like looking at myself because I think I can be doing so much more to improve my body to the shape that I want it to be in. In those moments I try my best to remember I am beautiful and I do not need to change myself to be happy.

Sometimes it gets depressing when I go to the gym a lot and I do not see fast results and I feel like working out is not even making me lose weight, but only keeping my body active. Maybe it is my mind messing with me, but I believe the hardest and most time-consuming thing to work off and lose is chubby spots on our bodies.

If you are reading this and you feel like you truly relate, I want you to know that your awkward body weight puts no hold on your personality and does not make you any less beautiful. Never let your chub define you or stop you from doing something.

I know it can be scary to put yourself out there when wearing tight clothes or a bikini, but I promise, you are a queen and I'm proud of you.