To the Female... A Thank You
Dating

To the Female... A Thank You

"Here's to strong women! May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them!"

80

To the female who brought me into this world... thank you for all that you do for me, thank you for being my biggest fan and reminding me to keep an open mind. You've given me the courage to succeed and you're the one who started it all. I hope to be as brave and kind as you are one day.

To the female who raised my mother... thank you for giving birth to her at such an uncommon age. I know at 43 you were looking forward to retirement not diapers. Thank you for doing it all over again. Most importantly thank you for singing, around the house and at church. I know I got my love for it from you.

To the female who raised my father... thank you for your patience. I know he can be a hand full. Thank you for video recording all of my performances, taking me to dance lessons, and thank you for making almost all of my costumes. Thank you for teaching me how to bake and sew. Those are things they just don't teach in school anymore.

To the females who I call 'aunt'... thank you for being my shoulder to cry on when I felt like I couldn't talk to my mom. Thank you for the most thoughtful gifts, the encouragement to chase my musical goals and the unconditional love you share. Thanks for coming together and even being there for my mom to prove women need other women. It's more important to me now as a young woman, than you know.

To the female that was my childhood friend... thank you for the imagination, the creativity, the laughs. Thank you for learning how to ride a bike with me. Thank you for being my only friend the first day of kindergarten. Thank you for riding the bus home with me and holding my hand when I was worried that there weren't any seat belts.

To the female that bullied me in High School...thank you for pretending to be my friend for so long, you really taught me the most. Thank you for telling everyone that I hated you because you were gay(even though that wasn't true). That caused a chain reaction of events that brought me to nothing just so I could build myself back up. Thank you for having the opposite effect on me than a normal bully. I have more confidence now than ever.

To the female that has the same tattoo as me... thank you for being my first real best friend. Thank you for hiding in the bathroom with me on our 6th grade field trip when my first ever period leaked through my shorts. Thank you for going with me to prom our senior year. Thank you for holding my hand while I laid on my side as the needle marked my skin forever with your reminder. Thank you for supporting me as long as you did. We grew up and that's okay. I just wish you could see we can still be friends even with different views.

To the female that lives with me... thank you for being my friend when no one else was. Thank you for reminding me to take my medication, fixing me dinner when I come home from work, and for even folding the laundry I continue to forget in the dryer. Thank you for believing in me and always pushing me to reach my goals. Thank you for always reminding me never to settle for any of the countless men I've gone on unsuccessful dates with. You're the sibling I never got to have and for that I am forever grateful.

To the female who I call my best friend... thank you for our wacky adventures. There is never a dull moment with you. Thank you for encouraging me to put a pop of color in my hair when you were dying yours. Thank you for reminding me, "boys aint shit!" and to just be myself. Thank you for the countless middle of the night talks and putting up with my father's awful jokes. Thank you for being the most unique woman in my life.

To the two females that look up to me... thank you for keeping me young. I don't having any siblings but cousins are the next closest thing I'd say. Thank you for the continuous laughter and smiles. Thank you for always thinking I am the coolest person you know and reminding me of it when I feel weak. You are my reason for staying so strong.

To the female who is reading this... thank you for taking your time. You are strong, courageous, and beautiful. Take a moment to thank the females in your life. We need each other more now than ever.