Dear friends,

I did not know when I met you how important you would become to me. The shy smile from across the room and the tentative conversations gradually morphed into two-hour facetime chats and telling each other everything. It's not everyday one meets people who change their life for the better. So I thank you for being there for me and for filling my life with laughter and entertainment.

The moments we have shared I will cherish forever. When I need attention or advice, I can always turn to you and that is something I don't take lightly. With every passing day, you have become an integral part of my life. So I call you family because that is what you have become to me. Times are trying, but you make an effort to stay and be there when I need you. They say you can't choose your family, but I have chosen mine. And it's not to say that I don't love my biological family because I do, but I love the sides of myself you have seen but they have never known. I love the way we can communicate without words, the way you know and accept every side of my complicated person. You were what I needed when my family members couldn't be.

We all just go through life wanting to find a little piece of normalcy to cling to; a little bit of home we can call our own. Thank you for being that for me. Thank you for making the bad days worthwhile and the good days ten times better. I don't know what may come in the future, but I am betting on us to be friends for life. I cannot picture all the important milestones in my life without you experiencing them with me.