A Letter to the Boy Who Chooses to Love Me Next,
I guess I should start by saying thank you, I know I'm a lot to handle and not always easy to deal with. Yet you've chosen to see past all that and love me regardless. However, to love me wholeheartedly there are a few things I think you should know about me.
I may or may not be the silliest girl you'll ever meet. I spend about 10% of my day talking in my normal voice, and the other 90% speaking in silly accents, and strange voices. Choosing to spend a majority of my time laughing about the stupidest of jokes and random stories. Therefore I think it's best you know to expect a ton of nights spent in bed giggling, and smiling until our faces are sore. You should also anticipate adventures at any time, whether they are us driving to the lake at two AM or even a road trip across the country just because. Regardless of whatever it may be, please know I'll try to ensure we have fun no matter what. And while I can guarantee the random experiences that come with loving me, please know there will be a ton of lazy days spent in bed. I'm a girl who loves her sleep above anything else. I hope you enjoy Netflix because there will be a binge night at least once a month.
I also think it's important you know I value hard work. Not only putting hard work into my education and towards my career, but into all the relationships in my life as well. I know relationships aren't easy by any standards. There will be fights and tears but above all, I will choose to put in the work to fix whatever may be going on. So, even when I'm yelling at you and crying it's not because I want to give up. It's, in fact, that exact opposite of that. I will choose us no matter what.
It's probably important you understand I'm an emotional girl, but if you've made it this far I'm pretty sure you already realized this. I cry when I'm sad, I cry when I'm watching Grey's Anatomy, and I'll cry when I'm happy. Pretty much, I will cry at any given situation. With that being said I don't think my emotions are a bad thing if anything I've got a huge heart. With a huge heart, I'll accept and love every part of you.
Lastly, at times it may seem like I'm pushing you away, or even that I'm not interested. And I can assure you, it's not what it seems like. I've gotten used to my independence, I value it. But just because I don't ask you to have dinner together one night, or even want you to help me don't think it's because I don't want you to. Going back to me being an emotional girl it also means I'll always say what's on my mind. Unless I say it, please don't assume it. I value honesty in a relationship above anything else and hope you acknowledge the same.
So, to the boy who chooses to love me next, thank you.