There is always the one out there for you

To The Boy That Helped Me Embrace The Idea Of Love

Always love yourself first.

17
boy, braid, hair

I think that we all grow up and have different ideas on love, what it entails and how it's supposed to function. Some have the whole love doesn't exist, boys/girls suck, and you are never going to find your true love. While there is another perspective, something like I'll have my happily ever after, everything would be like a fairy tale, and it would all come at my time. Finally, there is the type of person that goes through the realm of both, you believe, then you don't, then you believe again, and for me, that would be the normal thing.

I try to not be cynical when it comes to love, I know I would be lying if I said I don't believe that someday I'll get my one true love, but I also know what I came to understand with time, that in order to find love, you have to go through different phases and learn to be the person you want to be.

Some people get heartbroken and shut themselves from love, they tell themselves they are done and that they do not believe in anything related to happily ever after anymore. But I want to tell you all a story, I'm the type of person that opens their heart to everyone, I want everyone to be happy and that makes me happy. Knowing that I can make people happy, makes me want to do it and makes me who I am.

There comes a point in your life where you experience a heartbreaking moment, there are always people that take advantage of the good in you, and that happened to me, but instead of shutting myself up, I embraced it and made it my own. I want to tell that person, that everything that happened only made me stronger and helped me grow into the person I am today.

So I want to tell all the people out there, that all of those heartbreaks and let downs, are not your undoing and what makes you give up on love, but they should be the thing that makes you grow and makes you believe that the right person for you is still out there.

There is going to be a time when you actually find your one and that should be enough to keep you going and not let you give up. You are who you are because of those little moments, and you should not let a boy make you change your perspective on love, instead, you should embrace your beliefs and make them the best for you.