Best Dog I Could Ask For

To My New Puppy

The best companion.

michele
michele
6

Ever since I was a little girl, I would always ask my parents for a dog on special occasions. Every birthday and every Christmas, I would put one thing on my list every single time; a dog. My parents wanted to get a dog as well but our living situation wouldn't accommodate that nor did we have the financial stability to take care of a dog properly. That all changed when we moved into a new house and money wasn't so much of an issue.

I was coming back from school after a very long day. I called my parents since no one was home when I got home. My mom answered and told me she was at the supermarket with my dad. I didn't think much of it so I just waited for them to get home. I distracted myself with some YouTube videos.

My parents finally got home. The lights were off and they walked in and said "surprise!" Next thing I saw was an adorable chocolate lab in my house. I started crying as soon as I laid eyes on her. I never thought in a million years my parents would actually get a dog. Her name was originally Godiva but we decided to rename her Cocoa.

She's only a few weeks old as of right now. She's a chewer and loves playing with my family. Cocoa is honestly the best dog and I'm so happy she is a part of my family. She makes all of us so happy. She still has a lot to learn but her little face makes up for all the "accidents" she's had around my face.

I can't wait for Cocoa and me to make more memories together. She means everything to me.