To My Single Ladies

To My Single Ladies

Write your plans in pencil and give God the pen

21
To My Single Ladies
Journey To Health

Single Ladies,

He is alive. The man that you will one day marry does actually exist. He is out there somewhere right now living his life just as you are. He is real. I don’t think I actually thought about it in that way before. I mean, obviously I knew he was out there somewhere, but since I don’t know who he is it never really felt real to me before. I didn’t think he would feel real until he showed up in my life. That was, until I did something that made it become reality. I wrote a letter. A letter that someday he will read. All of the sudden, it was as if I was already committed to someone I haven’t even met yet.

I used to say that I wasn’t looking. I think I convinced myself that if I wasn’t pursuing a relationship that meant I wasn’t looking for him. I had eyes only for Jesus. But while I looked up to God, I was constantly glancing down: constantly scared that if I truly looked up I would miss him walk by. The “Jesus answer” would be for me to say, "God will send you the guy you are meant to be with; just keep looking towards God and He will give you what your heart desires." Although these words are true, they are easier said than done. What I will say is this, being single is not a time of waiting. It is not a time of wandering around looking at the “potentials” and wondering when yours will show up. It is a time to fall in love with the Author of Romance Himself.

Ladies, no man can complete the “romantic hole” in your heart other than Jesus. Jesus provides us a raw, beautiful, everlasting romance that will sweep us off our feet. I know what you are thinking, that is not the same kind of romance that your future spouse will provide for you. That is not what is missing. You are missing the touch of a hand, the hugs that feel like home, and butterflies that don’t seem like they will ever go away. But you see, Jesus gives you that and more. I encourage you to get to know this man. I encourage you to fall in love with the author of romance because He will show you the kind of love that no man can provide. He will show you what you are missing. All you have to do is ask. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened. God wants nothing more than to show you how much you matter.

You do matter. You are a royal diadem in the hand of God. You are priceless. So, my darling, please stop rushing. There is no time restriction on what God will do with your life. He knows you better than anyone. He knows every thought, word, and action. He does know every desire of your heart. Trust Him and hand the pen over. Let Him write your love story. No matter the mistakes that have been made, the past relationships, the hurt you have endeavored, God has a beautiful story for you. I promise you, it will come. Until then, let God have your heart. He will protect it and cherish it so that the man that reads my letter one day will have something that no other will get. Until that day, never forget that you may be single, but you are magnificently loved.

You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. – Isaiah 62:3