To My Person Who Never Left

To My Person Who Never Left

Some weren't meant to stay, but you weren't meant to leave.

229980
To My Person Who Never Left

I have met so many people throughout my life who were temporary. We had become close and made amazing memories in the past, but they were meant to stay there, in the past. I understand that not everyone is meant to stay with us forever, and it is totally normal for people to go their separate ways. Some of us grow apart, and that's okay. Sometimes, people are meant to leave.

But you never left.

When I first met you, I had no idea how much you would actually do for me. I thought of you as just another person in my life who was passing through, and eventually, we would drift apart. I am so incredibly lucky that I was wrong.

You have been there for me for so many important events in my life. You've celebrated with me through the good, stood by me through the bad, and supported me through the times I struggled. You have seen me at my best times and my worst. I love that I am able to call you at any hour, and I always know that your voice will be on the other end of the phone. You have always been my biggest cheerleader and I love you for that.

I also love that I am able to tell you anything and everything. I could text you whatever is on my mind, and you will respond--no matter how outrageous it is. You accept my weird habits and my strange thoughts. Most importantly, you accept me. You are able to handle my ridiculous personality, and I think that deserves an award.

The best part about our relationship is that distance doesn't change us. While I prefer not to, we are able to spend time away from each other and pick up right where we left off. It is so easy to lose connection with someone when there are miles between us, but that never happened to us. This just goes to show how close that we are, and how strong our friendship has grown.

It's hard to say how much you have changed me, because it is impossible to see where I would be without you in my life. But I can honestly say my life wouldn't be the same without you. I wouldn't have as many happy memories that I can look back on when I'm sad. I wouldn't have as many jokes I can think about when I'm having a bad day. I wouldn't have your encouraging words running through my head when I get overwhelmed.

And I wouldn't have a relationship that I valued so much.

I know that wherever my life takes me, or wherever your life takes you, we will never actually cut each other off. We have been through so much together, and I'm confident that nothing could break us at this point.

I am so beyond thankful that you, of all people, have stayed. I never knew how much you would mean to me, but I couldn't imagine my life without you.

Thank you for being not just my person, but my person who never left.