To My Kindergarten Homies

To My Kindergarten Homies

I wonder where they are today.

85
To My Kindergarten Homies

The other day I began to look at the people around me and wonder where they grew up or what they had planned for that day. I genuinely wanted to get to know every single person that walked beside me or sat at a table on the other side of the room. I knew that was just not possible.

So, I began thinking of my days in elementary school because I had just recently talked to someone that I went to elementary school with and did not even know it. My mind was racing trying to remember all of the names of the friends I had made in kindergarten. I do remember a few names, but we do not keep up with each other, except for maybe a follow on Instagram or Twitter and that's it.

Kindergarten homies, where ya at? I hope your first year of college is going great (unless you got held back a year). I wonder if you got married, instead of going to college, like you always said you would. I wonder if your parents ever fixed their marriage like they always told you they would.

Looking back, kindergarten seems like a lifetime ago. Now, we are 18, 19, and 20 years old starting college, joining the military, looking for jobs, pursuing a dream, completing and creating goals. I honestly hope that you are doing everything that you ever dreamed of when you were 4, 5, and 6 years old.

I know I am working on my dreams and goals, but they have changed so much since kindergarten. I wanted to be a doctor to save lives, then the next day I wanted to be the first woman president. It's funny because 13 years later, I am still debating on what I want to be when I grow up.

My major most likely will not stay the same. My goals and plans will most likely change as well. Friends will still come and go. My appetite will forever be changing. Although, I still will not drink tea. It was gross in kindergarten and it is still gross today.

I still think about the fun days where we would have those special events come to the elementary school just to keep us entertained from eight to three. My favorite memory that I have would probably be the time that someone sponsored a bounce house for us and someone else brought an ice-cream machine.

Elementary school was so much fun and I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to take it slow, day by day. College is fun and all, but I miss the days where I was only four feet tall, running around with shaved ice stains on my white school shirts. I miss the days in kindergarten when we doing so many things for the first time.

Kindergarten squad, wherever you are, I hope that you are having an amazing life. Take it day by day because before we know it, we will be taking our kids to their first day of kindergarten.