To My Future Child, I Promise You...

To My Future Child, I Promise You...

A few important things I hope you learn one day.

26
To My Future Child, I Promise You...
prestoncarbonaro.tumblr

I like to think that by the time I’m ready to start a family of my own way day I will have experienced enough to teach you what I have learned through this crazy thing called life. But for now I can promise you a few things already…

I promise to never pretend that life is going to be perfect:

Because it isn’t, and it never will be. There are going to be times in your life when you feel that luck is on your side and everything is going your way; but then there will be times where you find it hard to go on, and that’s okay. No matter how many times life knocks you down you will get up and continue on. A bad day that you will experience many times in your life is not the end of the world. Tomorrow will come and the bad day you experienced will be a thing of the past.

That whoever you are crying over now, will not matter in 5 years:

Issues that you find to be the end of your world are really moments in time that will pass in the blink of an eye. Friends and relationships are going to come and go; but you will move on and one day realize that they were not worth the time you put into them. Everything happens for a reason, even if you do not understand it at this point in time, one day everything may make sense.

To be passionate in everything you do:

When you choose to do something, stick to it. Put your heart and soul into everything you do, and never lose your passion for life. Don’t give up on something difficult because it is the easier way out, push through life and love every second of it. Work hard at everything you do because the struggles you may endure will not matter once you completed something you put your mind to.

To always treat people how you would want to be treated:

As cliché as this sounds, it is one of those most true sayings I’ve ever heard. Treat everyone you meet in your life as if you’re going to have an impact on them, because you might just do that. The words you say and the actions you make will affect the people around you and who you associate yourself with.

That I will always love you unconditionally:

No matter what you do in life, I promise to always be there for you. I will always be your shoulder to cry on and to share a smile with you. Whenever you need me, whether it’s good or bad, I will be right there. No matter how mad I might be at you or you mad at me, I will still love you from the bottom of my heart forever. I will always stand by you, hand in hand when you feel like life is bringing you down or when you feel like you're at the top of the world.