A Letter To My Dog In Heaven

A Letter To My Dog In Heaven

451
A Letter To My Dog In Heaven
Jordyn Bolster

To My Dog in Heaven,

It's almost been three months since you've been gone and I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I'll never get to kiss your furry face again. Losing you, I lost a huge part of my life. Although our time together was shorter than what we should've had together, there are countless memories and lessons I got from being loved by you.

Growing up the only thing I wanted more than a little sibling, was a puppy. A tiny little baby to call my own. Finally, you came along and I couldn't have been any happier than I was holding you for the very first time. In that moment I knew we were going to be the best of friends, and I couldn't have been any truer.

Coming home I still expect to see you peeking through the window wagging your tail. The first thing I wanna do is get down on the ground and hug you for a good ten minutes before I do anything else. Now it just doesn't feel right coming through the door and not having endless kisses and cuddles.

I can never thank you enough for choosing our family to love you. You taught all of us so many lessons. You taught me there's nothing a wagging tail can't cure. You were the only one who managed to make me smile just by putting your little face on my lap and looking up at me with your big brown eyes. You taught me to appreciate the smallest of things, there's nothing I wouldn't do for one more day of playing rope or even laying by the fireplace together. And lastly, you taught me what unconditional love is. You will never love anyone or anything more than you love your dog. Never.

I'll never stop missing you and there's not a day that goes by I'm not thankful for the time we had together. While I wish you were here more than anything, I hope you're enjoying days in the sun and have plenty of indestructible ropes to play tug with.