14 Things My Best Friend's Little Sister Should Know

When I say we are family, I mean it.

504

There's something magnificent about watching your best friend's younger sibling grow up. You have the opportunity to watch them go encounter everything that you experienced with your best friend. One advantage to this is that you will be able to catch on to any sketchy behavior and know what's really going on. Additionally, you're given the gift of being able to guide her through life with the escapades you've been through.

1. When we kicked you out of the room in high school, it was only because we were grumpy teenagers that wanted to be left alone (together)

2. We usually didn't have the answer so you were served with "you will understand when you're older" (too) often

3. I played dolls with you more for your happiness than for your sister's

4. The first time (and every time thereafter) that you bring a boy home, expect me to monitor him even more than your parents

5. If he hurts you, I hurt him

6. I will be sitting in the first row at your high school graduation crying and taking pictures

7. I will be there when you decided what college to go to and I'll rock out all the apparel

8. I'm moving you into your dorm (each year)

9. Your 1st-12th drink on your 21st birthday will be paid for by me, while sitting with me

10. When I am at your college graduation, my old age will finally hit me

11. At your wedding, your sister and I are going to be crazy old ladies dancing in a drunk frenzy

12. Half of the items in your first home will be courtesy of me

13. I'm going to spoil your children so much they'll think I'm their second mother

14. You're my little sister too, I love you!