An Open Letter To My Best Friend That Is Getting Married

You may be a Mrs., but you will always be my girl.

6449
Alison Hardison

We all know that wedding season is in full swing. Anytime I have gotten on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat lately, I see engagement announcements or wedding photos. Not only did one of my best friends get married this summer, but the other one got engaged! I am writing this open letter to my girls who have become or who are about to become a Mrs.

My best friend, my girl, and my person:

I am so excited that you have found the One that your soul loves. There's no doubt in my mind that you will have a beautiful wedding and marriage. As I sit and think on our journey of friendship and all we have been through together, I am reminded of just how important you are to me; how much I love, respect, and admire you. You have been my rock, my strength, my 3:00 a.m. text and/or phone call when something wasn't going right. You have been there for all the random dance parties. You don't judge me for my obsession with "Grey's Anatomy" because you have the same obsession! You will forever be my person!

These are a few things I would like you to remember on your wedding day:

You will be the most beautiful bride.

I have no doubt that everyone will be blinded by not just the beauty of the dress, but by your sweet spirit that surrounds you and comes from within. I couldn’t be happier for you.

Remember to take it all in slowly!

Take in all the congratulations, kind words, the flowers, the emotions, love from all the people near and far, the dress, and all the craziness that comes with it. Don't get all caught up in a whirlwind of schedules and appointments; instead, appreciate and enjoy all these special moments. I know it will be such a happy day!

I'm so glad you found the one who makes you happy.

I honestly couldn’t have picked anyone better for you than your future hubby. I'm so thankful I get to be by your side as you marry the man that God molded for you. Both of you are an example of an amazing couple grounded in God’s love and word. Together you will conquer mountains and get through valleys. Also, with every step you both take you are following the steps the Lord has ordered for you!

I am so proud of you.

Your family, friends, and especially me are unbelievably proud of the person you have become. Everything you have achieved this far is well-deserved and a source of constant inspiration for me. You’ve always been so confident, determined, and successful in accomplishing your goals and dreams.

I'll leave this quote here. Meredith Grey says it best: "Do you need to call your mother and yell at her? I'm your girl. Do you need a shoulder to cry on? I have two. Do you wanna freak out, call it off, do you wanna run? I'll drive the getaway car. Let me know what you need; I'm here for you."

I am your family. Today (and forever) I am your person!

You may be a Mrs., but you will always be my girl!