To Graduating Seniors, Enjoy It While You Can

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you're going to miss what you have as soon as it's over.

161
Unsplash

It's only the third week of your last semester and I know you're super over everything. I'm graduating in May and I feel like my motivation has gone completely out the window, and I'm the kind of person who always turns in assignments days before they're due...so that's really saying something.

It feels like the weeks are going by at a molasses pace. You're tired. Homework feels like a prison sentence. You want something bigger and better for yourself that you can't find in this town. I totally get it. I'm in that same boat right now but think about it. In four months, all of this will disappear.

Right now the connections we've made feel like they'll be there forever. The reality is that in a matter of moments the people you've been surrounded by for the past four years will be scattered to the wind. People will move away and carry on careers without you. Soon you'll be working at a full-time job where every day is the same.

You're going to miss being within a ten-minute radius of your best friends. One day you'll wish you had a day full of classes because it means you'll do something new. We take that part of college for granted far too often: each day is different.

Of course we all have a routine, but learning something new every day has a limited life span. Education is powerful. You only get four years to be surrounded by people your age who are going through similar things as you.

Help is so accessible to you as a student. This is the last time you'll get access to a gym basically for free, and a nice one at that. It's the very last time you'll have access to free counseling sessions. Think of the student discounts! And most importantly, you only have four months left to still be a kid.

I know that you wish this semester would just come to a quick end but think about all the little things you'll miss when you graduate. Being a student might feel like you're being held down and controlled by classwork, part-time jobs and extracurricular responsibilities, but in all honesty, being a student is freedom.

The world outside of university is very scary and very real.

Take this opportunity to really treasure what you have right now as a student because in a blink of an eye it will all be gone.