To Everyone Celebrating A Birthday During Quarantine, Make The Most Of Your Day At Home.

Virtual birthday wishes and quality time with your quarantine buddies can surely allow for a very happy birthday.

223
Katherine Bellew

About a month or so ago, I couldn't have been more excited to celebrate my 21st birthday this April. I seem to have one of the later birthdays in comparison to most of my friends, so the thought of being able to finally go out and celebrate this special day meant a lot to me. About two weeks later, the stay at home orders were put in place. As disappointed as I was to have to postpone the celebration, the circumstances were clearly more than understandable. With that being said, I still had a very happy and memorable birthday. After seeing a lot of angry posts from people whose birthdays were postponed due to COVID-19, I will probably be one of the few to say it - you can still have an enjoyable birthday in quarantine.

Even though I couldn't celebrate with all of my friends and loved ones, my COVID-19 quarantine buddies still made it a day to remember. My roommate, Katherine, surprised me with breakfast, decorations and of course, plenty of alcohol. Luckily, we have been quarantining with my puppy, so having him there to celebrate my 21st was such a special moment for me. Aside from our at-home celebration, my friends and family FaceTimed me and texted me some very special wishes, along with sending cards and gifts in the mail. Each of them made the day feel as special as it could have given these circumstances, and continuously reminded me that my 21st birthday celebrations were not cancelled - they were simply postponed until the world gets back up and running.

For those who are celebrating birthdays during quarantine, I understand that it is an extremely weird time. You go through different emotions, likely feeling upset that you cannot spend your day with big groups of family and friends, but these feelings quickly get put into perspective due to the current state of the world. I was so blessed to have my wonderful roommate help me make the most of my day during these times, and it is with that that I encourage you to make the most of your day as well. Order food from your favorite restaurant, play drinking games, or do whatever your heart desires to make the most of your special day at home. We are living in crazy times, but virtual birthday wishes and quality time with your quarantine buddies can surely allow for a very happy birthday.