What To Do Before Freshman Year

4 Things You Need To Do Before Your Freshman Year Of College

I wished freshman year me could do this.

102
Desrean Smith

Now you've graduated from high school, what now? You are entering the next chapter of your life in your college years, but you sound really confused. You've got the college of your dreams, your dorm stuff done, your classes selected. Well, there are hidden things that you really need to consider before you attend college.

Or else you'll become one confused freshman.

1.Make some money

You think your senior year is expensive? It surely prepares you behind for college, which is like 100-1,000 times your senior dues.

You don't only have to pay for tuition, but you have to pay for books, food, clothes, college organizations, class projects, so much money. This is why my wallet cries at the end of the semester.

The solution is to find scholarships, summer jobs, or make your own business containing what you are passionate about. That way, it will earn you some quick money.

2. Get your craziness out before college does.

https://unsplash.com/photos/xnQI-0MHWz0

College is another chapter to your life, and one where you really need to grow up to end the chapter.

Don't come to college acting like a 3-year-old, then get humbled by the university itself. Don't be that embarrassing freshman that constantly gets in trouble to partying too much. Don't be that person with partying taking place of your academic success in the classroom.

College WILL teach you that there is a time and place for everything, so calm your nerves down.

3. Learn how to adult.

College is an adulting academy in a nutshell.

You wash your clothes, realize the importance of keeping your area clean, work in long hours (called studying), deal with finances and housing, finding your way in a city. But most importantly you find yourself and how you can make an impact in the big world.

As you mature, you find the importance of doing the things that you do every day. Your brain matures to rationalize and having complex thinking. This allows you to make wise decisions along the road.

ADULTING: EXPECTATIONS vs REALITY

Yes adulting is a verb! Thumbs up if you related to our expectations vs reality of adulting and be sure to SUBSCRIBE if you're new!! Watch Adrienne's life ha...

4. Cherish your hometown.

Especially if you're going to college out of town, love on your hometown a little more before you leave for a while

. Grab your last bites at your favorite hometown dining joints. Hang out with your family and best buds one last time. Go to your favorite fun spots at home.

Do anything to soak your hometown in your sponge before you squeeze it out in your new college home.

College is a wonderful time of your life. But take things slow, then you'll enjoy it.