What Do I Do After Graduation

3 Things To Do After Graduation, When You Have NO Idea What You're Doing

Life after college doesn't have to be so dreadful.

170

I remember what it was like starting college. I found myself already thinking about graduating and my plans after college came to an end. I truly thought I had it all figured out. Well, fast forward to that moment, walking across that stage was one of my proudest moments. I was ready to take on the world and begin my career! I started applying for jobs in my field and I was very confident I would be one the type of people that landed a good job right after graduating. I realized that I wouldn't be after applying for job number sixty and I had not landed anything,

I will admit I felt bad, frustrated, and confused. Questioning my path and what I believed to be my purpose. I had to pull it together and pick up the pieces. Quitting was definitely not an option. I realized that I wasn't alone and that there are so many other young adults facing the same problem. I realized there were people in my personal life facing this harsh reality. There are a few tips and words of advice I have discovered that helped me ease the pressure mentally.

1. You may not be in your career field yet but that does not undervalue the work you have done thus far!

2. Do not let other people make you feel bad about your life! If you are doing what it takes to get to where you desire to be, do not let external pressure make you feel like you need to place unrealistic deadlines on yourself; move at your own pace! 

3. Take time to learn new skills and perfect your craft — you may not be working at your dream job, but that does not mean you shouldn't pour your heart into the job you're currently working.

Unlike school, there are not any textbooks or labs to guide you through post-grad life. Staying optimistic and keeping the spark takes the edge off a lot. Taking the plunge into the working world is not easy, and no two people experience the exact same type of transition. Wherever this next step takes you, you will have to find a balance in your new lifestyle. Remember life is what you make it!