Dear Boys That I've "Talked To" ...

Dear Boys That I've "Talked To" ...

Narrated by Taylor Swift

17
Dear Boys That I've "Talked To" ...

Similar to Taylor Swift, I am that girl who "goes on too many dates". So when I first heard Taylor's new song, "the 1", all about ex-flames who didn't work out, I STARTED BLASTING IT!!!

The lyrics got me thinking and some of them really resonated with me and my experiences. So here it goes, an open letter to all the boys I've talked to, as told by Taylor.

To start off, I know from the start that we were different. We never painted by the numbers baby, but we were making it count. We had our fun together, and it was worth it. But for some reason, it just didn't work.

If one thing had been different, would everything be different today? Maybe we could have worked together after all, but I guess you never know. I can't stay caught up on the what-ifs because after all, you know the greatest loves of all time are over now.

Though I say I can't get caught up on you, I think about you a lot. But in my defense, I have none because, at the end of the day, we were something, don't you think so? I really think that it would have been fun if you would've been the 1. We could be sitting around, rosé flowing with your chosen family. It would have been sweet.

But I guess that it's just another day of waking up alone. I keep telling myself that if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow. Maybe, all you are meant to be for me is a lesson.

Since we haven't been together, I have this dream you're doing cool shit. Or maybe last night you met some woman on the internet and took her home. It doesn't matter to me, I'm doing good, I'm on some new shit. You taught me how to move on with my life and enjoy the little things.

Even though things didn't work, and if my wishes came true, it would have been you, I'm doing fine without you. Thanks for our fling, it taught me a lot. I hope that this letter doesn't dig up the grave another time.

Xoxo,

Your "Ex"