'Tis The Season For Exams

'Tis The Season For Exams

Once again, it is the time of year to be stressed.

452

Well, we made it to the end of the semester. Last time I remember it was just midterms and people were freaking out about those as well. Now we have come to the end of the fall 2018 semester. This means all the projects and paper that you told yourself you had time for are due. All those nights where you could have been writing or even studying are now being crammed to the last minute. The funny part of exam week is the fact that many people that I talked to do not have exams. They are more stressed out about their papers or their final projects. So my question is which is more stressful, exams or papers and projects?

To me, it would be the paper and projects. Even though I thought I had more time, I realized a week ago that the semester was ending. It was crazy to think how much time flies, even though I was not having fun. Paper and projects are always stressful because there are guidelines and specific rules each teacher wants you to follow. If you are like me and have 4 papers and two projects, then those "strict guidelines" start to go out the window. You just want to get the project or paper finished so you can move onto the next one.

The one major paper that I have had a lot of stress about would be my English paper. You know, the white paper, or research paper, whatever your teacher calls it, that you have all semester to work on. Luckily I started mine early, but it turns out that I had a lot to do in the final weeks of the semester. Everything seemed fine until I realized that some of my articles were not working and I had to change those and then more and more started to fall apart. This to me, was very stressful and something that I wish I had avoided.

Now that the week is over and classes are finished, except for the final projects and exams, it is time to reflect on this semester. I would first say that my semester was very crazy and exhausting. Taking so many courses at once and not really even having a summer break (due to the fact I too 15 credits over the summer) means that this semester was all the more stressful. It does not finish there since I am taking a J-Term class. So it seems that even though people are finishing up and starting to pack up and go home, my day is just getting started with a new class! Why do I do this to myself!

So finally I would like to say congratulations to those who finished their first semester in college. You made it! Now good luck getting through the next 7 semesters. To those who are in the final stretch, you are almost there! I will soon be there as well since I am graduating early in the fall of 2019. Finally, to those in the middle, just keep on going. Before you know it you will be walking down to Pomp and Circumstance and praying that you passed that one class that you should have taken your Freshman year but decided to wait a little bit!