Tips for when you're feeling down on yourself.

5 Self-Love Tips That Actually Help

We all need to remember to love ourselves sometimes.

37
5 Self-Love Tips That Actually Help
https://pixabay.com/en/joy-freedom-release-happy-2483926/

Embrace what you're feeling.

c1.staticflickr.com

When you embrace your emotions, this almost validates them, makes them real. Once they're out there in the open, you can move on.

Don't apologize for those feelings.

https://unsplash.com/photos/hdrudRmTaes

It's easy to get down on yourself and ask, "why do I have to be like that?" But in reality, your gut sometimes knows things before you do, so don't ever feel bad about feeling a certain way, especially if it's an "unpopular opinion" or doesn't "go with the flow."

Comfort yourself.

c1.staticflickr.com

Indulge a little, you deserve it. Don't feel guilty about needing a little bit of a break. Take a nap, eat some comfort food, take a bubble bath. Do whatever makes you happy.

Distract yourself.

After you've admitted how you feel, sometimes it's good to sit in those feelings a little bit, but you never want to wallow too long in bad emotions. If they don't seem to be going away, find things to occupy yourself, and distract your brain a little. Find something constructive to do.

Try to find little things to be grateful for or happy about.

c1.staticflickr.com

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in our emotions, and we end up focusing too much on the negative things around us. This can be dangerous. Instead, try to be more optimistic. Find little things around you to be grateful for, and acknowledge those things. This will make you feel better in general, and in the future, when there's a minor inconvenience, you'll be less likely to get overwhelmed by bad energy.