20 Mini Tips On How To Start Fully Living Your Best College Life

Everyone needs a little inspiration for life every now and then.

104

Through all the different kinds of social media posts and cheesy quote art decor, it is safe to say that we all come across little tidbits of life advice every single day. It's not only until the dark times that we realize that life really is a precious thing, and that's when all of these phrases begin to mean something to us; we start to process what point each message is trying to make in this whole puzzle of "words to live by," and of course it's simply impossible to remember them all.

Well fear not, college-age article skimmers- your list of the best pieces of life advice is finally here. To make this unique from all the other kinds of lists, this one is packaged in mini size in order to please your tech-savvy/ "I want everything immediately" eyes. Plus, where else are going to find the best tips for living your best life? Let us channel our inner Oprah and reflect on what we really want to get out of this little thing called life.

A little party doesn't hurt.

As long as you're responsible about it, a little fun once in a while can be healthy for anyone. Whether it's just a game night with friends or a stereotypical college banger, everyone needs that time to let loose.

Don't sweat the little stuff!

It is so easy for anyone to let petty drama and little everyday struggles get to their heads- but once you realize those are just tiny problems compared to the worst case scenarios in life, they start to look as small as a pea. If you're not going to remember it in a couple years time, don't even think twice about it.

Get rid of the negative vibes (and people).

This one is SUCH an important one because it can really add on years to your life... everyone has their everyday stresses, but it truly is a whole different ballgame if you are in control of whether it has to stay in your life or not. This is also my biggest pet peeve if someone is constantly negative because then it affects your daily life. If it isn't positive at least some of the time, get rid of them!

Honesty is the BEST policy.

I can't stress this enough. With friends and family alike, you're just going to want to keep it real with them in any situation or conversation. It keeps you far from being labeled as "fake" as well as preventing you from getting involved in any sort of drama. What's not to love about this?

Explore outside of your comfort zone.

You can't stay in your little bubble forever. Especially if you aren't the adventurous or most outgoing type, always force yourself to try something new. Whether it's joining an organization, traveling, or just trying a new hobby, it may as well help you make a life-long friend or become one of the best decisions of your life. You'll never know until you say "yes."

Go "do."

This is literally the only piece of advice my high school A.P History teacher wrote in my yearbook. Although this does go with Tips 5 and 9, people may forget just how simple it really is to just go out and do something. It can be everything and anything- as long as it's true for you, go out and do good.*

*Notice how I didn't say "do well."

Give yourself an "off" day.

This is my own personal little tip that I kind of love immensely. Appoint one day of the week as your "off" day where you don't allow yourself to worry about school, work or any kind of obligations. A vacation day once a week is beneficial for all kinds of reasons- you're welcome for this one.

Do NOT procrastinate.

Ever since I started college, I hate to admit that I have become a procrastinator (since I was never one in high school!) because of time management. Once you have something to do, whether it's to do a homework assignment or simply clean out your Inbox in your email, do it as soon as its given or on your mind- the sooner the better.

Challenge yourself constantly.

This also goes with Tips 5 and 6, but it's so important to keep in mind that growth is key in life. You don't want to be stuck in time or in your own personal bubble forever, so it is crucial to try new things and explore new places as well as meet new faces and reflect on the kind of person you want to be.

Time. Management. Is. Key.

I cannot stress enough for college students. In college, no one is there to remind you about deadlines or force you to actually do your work. You are your only motivator, so get yourself a planner or a dry-erase board so you can schedule your weekly commitments and keep your priorities straight and organized.

Persevere through the tough times and breakdowns.

It isn't easy to realize this at the moment, but the bad times are there so you can appreciate the good ones as well as to make you stronger. Through each breakdown or tough time you have, keep in mind that it's your reaction to the problems that define your character. Just take a deep breath, because it is only a bad day not a bad life after all.

Family will always be your backbone.

Whether you're a big family-oriented person (like me) or not, one should never forget that family is most important because they're always going to be there for you. I consider my best friends family, as well, so always remember to keep these people close to your heart. Whenever you'll need them, they'll be there for you, so be kind to them and always stay in touch.

Make new friends, but don't forget about the old ones.

Speaking of friends, it is always important to meet new people and branch out because you never know what great things can come from it. However, you should still keep in touch with the people you've had relationships with for years. Just keep in mind, no matter the length of the friendship, it is all about quality and loyalty, always.

Treat others how you want to be treated.

This is a saying we've all heard before in kindergarten, but it is nonetheless truer as you get older. Be the kind of friend you wish you had, be your true self and things will all fall into place.

Live for the moment, because everything is uncertain.

This is a saying that I haven't learned the true meaning of until recently and it's one of my most special tips to live by. While most people are always worrying about what comes next or their most recent struggle in school, they never take a moment to just appreciate the present and live for it. You truly don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, so take in everything while you can right now because it all can change in a blink of an eye.

Learn to love yourself first.

Everyone says that you can't really love another person until you love yourself, and I'm a believer in this. You should be confident in the skin your in, be proud of your personality traits and never be ashamed of who you are. Once you do this the good things start coming, so take your time because then everything else falls into place.

Always keep in mind to spread kindness.

This has been my number one personality trait since day one. You never know what others are going through behind closed doors, so it's always best to be kind to everyone you meet (unless they give you a reason not to be). Even if you aren't kind by nature, showing some kindness once in a while may make someone's day. You never know...

Try to never have regrets.

This is something of personal preference, but if you have no regrets in life it truly makes the journey even better. Even through the bad times, you always grow and learn something from it, so you should never regret those moments either. Some people may have them once in a while, but in the scope of life, you shouldn't have major ones; and if you do, do something to change that.

Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

Personally, I believe in fate and that whatever is meant to happen will happen. My life motto is to always have hope and believe in this saying because life is a beautiful thing that shouldn't be spent wasting time or being sad for most of it. What better way is there to live than to become hope?

Just "be."

I literally just got this from a commercial I saw on TV, but it's nothing short of true. While you've been trying to decipher the meaning of life through reading all of these tips, I think the most important thing to take from this is to just live. Be yourself, surround yourself with great people, work towards your dreams and in the meantime live your best life. How can you go wrong with that?