Tips For Going To This Year's Music Midtown

Lizzo, Madison Beer, Cardi B and more are going to be there this year.

19

Music Midtown is just weeks away. This means that the time for wearing festival clothes and dancing to your favorite music with some of your friends and thousands of strangers.

It can be some of the best days of your life, but you have to be careful. The following are some tips to have the best Music Midtown experience.

1. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. 

I can't emphasize this enough. My first year at Music Midtown I didn't drink enough water. My friend and I were up close to see Mumford and Sons. We had been standing for hours, so we could get a good spot. When Mumford and Sons got on stage, I was so excited. But then during their first song of the night, I felt my vision blur and then my hearing went away. I fainted, and some festival workers had to carry me over the fence to the nurse's tent. Don't be like me- drink LOTS of water. You are standing outside for hours in the Georgia heat, so you need to hydrate.

2. Get there early. 

If you want to be front row to see Cardi B or whatever big name artist, you need to get there early. The more famous the musician is, the earlier you'll need to be to get to the front. You may even want to stand and watch the performances at the stage before your favorite band. That way you can make sure you get a good spot. If crowds bother you, you may not want to stand in the front, as it can be very crowded.

3. Plan ahead. 

Look at the schedule and decide which performances you really want to see. Some performances are at the same time as each other, and they are at different stages. You are going to have to decide which performances are your top priority.

4. Be courteous of the people around you. 

I get it. You want to be in the front, but that doesn't mean you should push people out of the way to get to the front. Pushing people will just piss people off. We are all in the same boat. We are all hot and sweaty and tired, and we all want to see our favorite people perform. Try to be courteous of those around you.

5. Make friends. 

It can get a little boring waiting in between performances. However, the lags between performances can be the perfect time to talk to the people around you. Each year I've been, I have met some cool people. The time goes by faster when you talk to the people around you.