Tips For Welcoming Home Your Missionary

Tips For Welcoming Home Your Missionary

Missionary need a little extra love

5
Tips For Welcoming Home Your Missionary
@thenicolerowe

Is your missionary coming home soon? Things will FOR SURE be different. Here are some tips on how to make your racer more comfortable with transitioning home…

1. When we say "Off-day", we mean free day like a weekend so do not question it.
  2. Month 1 means January, Month 2 means February, and so on. It is just how we kept track of months on the race.
  3. When we say we walked in Boldness, that means we did some pretty wicked things even when we were scared.
  4. We talk about switching countries like we are driving to other cities. Get used to it.
  5. It we tell a story that may seem scary to you (getting malaria, getting lost with no service, etc.) do not be alarmed, we laugh about it now.
  6. We might refer to the people we are staying with when we get home or our parents as our hosts. It is not weird, okay?
  7. We might feel weird going somewhere alone and we might refer to you as our travel buddies so play along.
  8. We probably will forget what side of the road to drive on when we first start driving again so help us out.
  9. Where we refer to debriefs, we are talking about a time where we would come together as a squad and process/talk through that month of ministry.
  10. Squad= the whole group of people we traveled with. Teams= the squad broken up to go to different ministry sites in each country.
  11. Do not ask a crazy amount of questions at first. We are fragile and are still figuring out what just happened.
  12. We might refer to group hangouts as team time now so if we do, please stop us.
  13. If you want to scare us away, say you have feedback for us. (Just kidding, please do not ever use that word).
  14. Do not be concerned if we do not unpack everything right away. We are used to picking up and leaving like every five minutes.
  15. Let us show you pictures and videos for hours even if you do not care. We used to share these memories with our teammates but now we are all apart.
  16. Get to know our Enneagram numbers because it will be all we talk about.
  17. We probably will be bad at texting back, we used an app to communicate all year.
  18. Catch us up on what we missed this year like movies, news, and all the good stuff.
  19. If you hear a loud noise, do not be alarmed. We probably just dropped our Hydroflasks.
  20. Love us well and we will love you well. It is weird coming home so give us time and space.