4 Tips For The First Time Online Shopper

Making shopping easier, one tab at a time.

268
Jing Daily

In the past year I have really gotten into online shopping. I never thought I would really use it as my main source for clothes shopping, but it turns out I was wrong. Being in school and not always having time to go out and shop in malls (even if all I do is window shop) is sometimes just to hard. It's so much easier to pull up my favorites stores on my laptop and honestly I have found lots of new shops because of that. Malls have limited choices sometimes, especially when you're looking for something specific. With online shopping and hundreds of stores to chose from there's no way I can't find what I'm looking for. Since shopping I have learned a few things that have helped enhance and made my my online shopping experience better. I'll be sharing a few of those tips with you!

1. Make a list of your favorite places to shop

It can get really overwhelming with so many places to choose from. I started with making a list of my favorite places to go and looked those up first. A good thing about that is sometimes similar shops will come up on your screen; so if you ever want to switch up your shopping preferences this is a great way to do so.

2. Look for the deals and use 'search' often

Some sites like to confuse you and bombard you with all their clothes at once. If you're looking for something particular, I would suggest looking it up first to see if you can find it. Sometimes that's the best way to do it and you usually end up finding something similar. I like to click on the individual tabs if I'm looking for 'dresses' or 'blouses' in particular. That way you don't get a search with t-shirts and shorts in the mix. For the bargain shopper, a good place to start is the 'Clearance' or 'Clothes under $30': you'd be surprised to find some good choices in there.

3. You have access to clothes not available in stores

I knew this existed but I never expected the clothes to be so good. Just because something isn't in stores doesn't mean it's not good enough. They're usually exclusive to online because theirs a limited amount of those particular items. So you're actually lucky enough if you end up discovering something from that section; you're one of the few people who have it.

4. You will love the Wishlist or 'Favorites' tab

By far my favorite part of online shopping is the wishlist section. For anyone who just wants to do the online version of window shopping, this is a great feature. If you want to find something you really love but can't afford it at the time and want to come back to it to buy it, then is the feature for you! The great thing about it is you can put as many things as you want in your favorites. Like everything, there is a downside, and most stores only hold everything in your wishlist for a period of 30 days. Sometimes it's longer, but regardless, once that time passes you lose everything you saved. You should keep track of when that day approaches and if you find something from the best sellers' list then chances are they will sell-out of that item anyway--so you should just remove it from your 'favorites'-- like what happened to me.