10 Tips Before Buying New Makeup

10 Things To Remember Before You Add New Products To Your Makeup Routine

8. Drop quick fixes, and choose long-term solutions...

102
tips for buying new makeup

Sometimes when we see certain products that other people are using we automatically assume that "oh they are using that product, so I must use it as well." Well before using a certain product you should first know what you are putting onto your face.

1. Stop with the oil!

When buying different products for your face it is important that you read the labels. Whether it is makeup or some sort of other product that goes on your skin. While reading the label try to look for products that say "oil-free."

This will help with limiting shine on your face, clogged pores, and also will help limit that uncomfortable oily, sticky feeling we sometimes get on our face. I know for me I have a lot of oil around my nose and eyelids (which is normal). But it helps reduce the oil when I buy certain products such as a foundation that has no oil in it.

I suggest looking for a matte foundation because sometimes those kinds of foundations have little to no oil in them. I will say that there are certain oils that are not bad for your face and helps a lot.

2. Let the alcohol go!

Now I've stated this before but stay away from face products with alcohol in them. Mostly, I've noticed face washes contain alcohol in them. Alcohol is so drying to the face and can be very uncomfortable. It can also strip away at the skin as well.

Now if for some reason you feel having alcohol in your skin products helps you then I suggest using the "T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel". This witch hazel helps with taking away dark marks, helps close pores, etc...but to me, it still made my face very dry.

3. Watch the colors!

This isn't really something to look for, but just a helpful reminder. When buying products such as foundation or concealer do not buy these products online, especially if it is your first time using the product. It is hard to match your skin tone to products online. It is always best to buy certain products in the store, that way you are able to do color swatches and see which certain product fits best for you.

4. Keep those animals safe sis.

To me, another important thing to look for when buying products is making sure they are cruelty-free. I mean, who would want to buy a product that that test on animals. Products like e.l.f., Tarte, Smashbox, Too Faced, etc...are all cruelty-free cosmetics. For some, this may not be a big deal, but it's just something to keep in the back of your mind when shopping.

5. Check the quality!

Before you go out and buy a product that you know nothing about but you saw someone famous use it so you automatically think it a great product, do some research. Just because someone uses a certain product does not mean that product is great. Read reviews, ask other people did the like the certain products, find out does it match your skin type, does it assist to the needs of your skin etc..

Because then if you buy a certain product and it doesn't work for you then you just wasted money on probably a $50 product.

6. Keep it all natural! 

When searching for products make sure there are all natural ingredients in it. You don't want to get a product that has a lot of chemicals in it. And half of the time if you don't recognize what the ingredients are in a , product you probably just shouldn't get it.

7. All-in-one products are a plus! 

When you are looking for a product try to get a product that as everything in one. For example, I bought this face wash for my skin but it is two in one. So it washes my face, and removes a great amount of makeup. So that way I don't have to use face wipes to take off my make up, I can get it all off in one wash.

Try to look for products that are long term. That means don't just get products that help for one night. That is such a waste of money. Instead look for products that you know will help you in the long run, products that will reduce certain things, that is where doing research on products come into play.

9. Wake your skin up!

I love looking for products that contain caffeine in them, it is such a boost for the skin. Especially if your face wash has caffeine in it. I feel more awake, and it can also prep your skin for the day. I had a face wash before and it had caffeine in it, and every day my face would feel more fresh and plump.

10. MOISTURIZE!

I think with every post I make I have to throw this in...MOISTURIZE! It is so important. Especially with the weather getting colder. Do not miss out on products that help moisturize your skin. There are so many helpful products. For example, as you know my favorite brand e.l.f. has so many products for the skin that helps keep away dryness...invest in a moisturizer.

At the end of the day its all about knowing what you are putting on your skin and being aware. Look into products, find out more, because the more you know about a certain product then it's a win-win...you found a product that works for you and you got your money worth.