Tips for Final Week Blues

Tips for Final Week Blues

We all get them but here's how to manage them.

288
Tips for Final Week Blues
La Trobe University

Finals week is quickly approaching and as the stress and panic continue to build, it is important to stay motivated and positive that you will get it all done.

Although everything seems like it will never end and your assignments will never get done, it will all come together and you will look back on the semester knowing you did your best and will never have to go back.

As a senior, it’s strange realizing that this final week of class marks the halfway point of the year, which means that only one semester remains before graduation. The papers that I am writing now are some of my last and unless you are going to graduate school next year, this is the second to last finals period you will have to endure for maybe ever! It suddenly has become real that this year is quickly hustling by as much as you might want to slow it down or delay your encroaching paper and project deadlines.

Even though this time of the semester is stressful and overwhelming, it is also the best time because you are so close to the end that you can taste it and everything on that hovering syllabus is nearly complete and no longer hanging over your head.

It’s a time of the semester that arrives all at once and is suddenly gone. So if you’re feeling anxious and restless with the thought of all your deadlines, try to take one day at a time and set small, accomplishable goals for yourself so it feels like you are making progress each day. Also, don’t be afraid to take a night off from work altogether if you find yourself getting unproductive. Most likely taking the time for yourself will help you keep up your energy amidst these last few classes and days of the semester.

Overall, enjoy the remainder of this semester as much as you can because break is just around the corner. This is the final sprint of a long, tiring and seemingly never-ending race that you are so close to completing! In these final days, spend time with friends that are going abroad next semester, exchange holiday gifts with your roommates and truly celebrate all the hard work that you’ve done so far and have nearly completed. Hang in there!