10 Tips To Get You Through The Dreaded Finals Week

2. Talk to your professors

5
https://pixabay.com/en/library-la-trobe-study-students-1400312/

I know, I know it's only Thanksgiving but the dreaded f word is right around the corner- Finals. It's really never too early to start preparing and these 10 tips will help you survive the dreaded finals week.

1. Prepare early

Obviously, that's what this article is for. You don't want to wait until the last minute for everything because then you'll only be more and more stressed out.

2. Talk to your professors

It's never too late to start going to office hours. Professors like to know their students care and show some initiative. You don't want to be the student they don't even realize take their class and suddenly are begging for a grade bump after finals.

3. Sleep!!

Sleep. Is. So. Important. Plus if you start preparing early, then you'll be able to sleep as much as possible to help you keep your mind sharp and mental health.

4. Create a study schedule

And stick to it! Make sure you allow enough time for every class so you can feel prepared all around and kill those exams!

5. Eat healthy

But you can totally splurge once in a while. Eating healthy will make you feel better and be more energized. Save the splurges as rewards for all of your hard work.

6. Exercise 

Even if it's just a 20-minute walk every day, exercising will actually give you more energy and keep your mind sharp. Exercise is a great study break and will even help you sleep at night.

7. Study in groups 

If you can teach a concept to someone else then you truly understand it. And if you have questions then you have a buddy to help you out!

8. Drink water

This goes along with eating healthy, you'll feel better and be able to focus. Plus your body dehydrates while you sleep so if you're hydrated all day you'll be able to sleep better at night.

9. Use colors

Make your notes fun and easier to look at! If you color coordinate your notes (e.g vocab words, definitions, important concepts, etc.) it'll be easier to glance over and pick out the most important topics.

10. Take a deep breath

Cut yourself some slack. A grade is a grade and does NOT define who you are. Do your best and keep your sights set on holiday break :)