12 Essential Tips For Commuter Students

12 Essentials Every Commuter Student Should Have With Them At All Times

A simple checklist so you won't forget anything!

104
Photo by Scott Webb on Unsplash

Being a commuter student, we don't often have the luxury of our home being close by. So instead we pack for our backpack for the day rather than the class. We often have things that those who live on campus wouldn't need! Here are twelve essentials for commuter students!

1. A good backpack

Although they may not be the most stylish, they are going to save your back in the long run!

2. A water bottle/travel mug

This is something that is common with all college students. Save money and bring your water and coffee!

3. Lunch bag

Eating on campus everyday can be pricey, packing your lunch is the most cost friendly approach. If you know your going to be on campus all day, pack extra snacks as well!

4. Phone charger/laptop charger

Buy a spare to phone charger and keep it your backpack. If your going to be on campus for a long period of time, it's always a good idea to bring your laptop charger.

5. A bin to keep your books in

Having a small bin in your car to keep your books will keep you organized. It will also help your back a bit as well, it always you to alternate books if you need it.

6. Headphones

These are must, especially if you like to listen to music while you study!

7. A planner

This goes for all college students! This will help keep you organized and help you plan your weeks!

8. Pencil pouch

This will help keep all your writing utensils in one place, while still having everything you need!

9. A sweater

The fall especially is a weird time for weather! Keep a sweater or sweatshirt in your car in case you get chilly.

10. Gym clothes

Keep gym clothes in your car in case you want to work out after class. Just remember to take them out so your car doesn't smell!

11. Laptop

This will save you from having to find a computer lab and allow you to work on homework in between classes

12. Your student ID

Keep this on you at all times! You never know when you might need it!