Makeup

6 Makeup Tips And Tricks

Some simple tips and tricks that can help make your makeup look better and feel better.

20
6 Makeup Tips And Tricks
PicJumbo

Many of these tips and tricks have been mentioned before, but they are tricks that I truly live by!

Blend to your hearts content!

Blending can save your life! Eyeshadow, facial powder, liquids, everything. If you don't blend then your makeup could be patchy or have harsh lines.

Some people do not mind or don't even notice these issues on themselves and they are perfectly happy with it, but if you are having issues with patchy or harsh lined makeup then blending could help. Some of my favorite brushes for makeup are Morphe, ECO Tools, E.L.F. Cosmetics, and Ulta Beauty.

Wet your sponge

If you are someone that uses sponges for your liquid products then I highly recommend getting them wet before application.

Once I tried this trick, it helped my foundation and concealer melt into my skin and look more natural. Sponges can even be used for any cream products like contour or blush and having a wet sponge helps those products blend so much faster! When it comes to sponges, I personally do not think that you need super fancy or expensive sponges.

I really love the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponges, EOC Tools Total Perfecting Blender, and the Ulta Beauty Sponges in assorted sizes. I really love using the super small sponges for under my eyes and for blemish cover-up!

Use a wet sponge for powder

This is a newer trick that I have started using. If you have dry skin, then this trick is probably not for you. After using your brush or sponge to apply your liquid or cream foundation then it is time for powder.

This trick seems a little weird but it can help your makeup last FOREVER! Take your wet sponge and dip it into your loose powder. Press it into your skin and it will help the powder melt into the foundation and will ensure your powder looks more smooth and skin-like.

If your skin is more on the dry skin then this could potentially make your skin look a little cakey, however, I have a tip for that as well. Some products I have really enjoy for this is the E.L.F. Smooth & Set Eye Powder, E.L.F. High Definition Powder, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder, Urban Decay Velvetizer Translucent Mix, and the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder.

Setting Spray for Days!

A setting spray can make every makeup look better. Matte, glowy, dewy, and anything else can work for everyone's skin type. If you have dry skin, then glowing or dewy setting sprays can help give some hydration to your skin and help it appear less dry.

Oily skin can use matte setting sprays to help control the oils from break up the makeup. Most people know this so it isn't a total surprise.

One thing that I trying love to do is to soak my face with a lot of setting spray and then fan it dry. My skin is pretty combination so I use lots of powders but the setting sprays help me play it safe with my skin.

My favorite products to use are the E.L.F. Illuminating Mist & Set, Wet N Wild Photo Focus Matte Finish Setting Spray, E.L.F. Matte Magic Mist & Set, E.L.F. Dewy Setting Mist and L'Oréal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray.

Clean your sponges and brushes regularly!

Having a clean utensil for anything makes things so much better! My favorite way to clean my brushes without damaging them is to mix olive oil and dish soap.

I dip the brush into the mixture, wet it down, then gently rub the brush on your hand. If you need a deeper clean without damage, then running the bristles along your fingers will give it different textures and levels to get more of the bristles clean.

With sponges, I recommend the same mixture of oil and dish soap as the cleanser. There are two different routes that you could go when cleaning your sponges.

1. Rub your sponge through the soap mixture and squeeze it throughout the sponge. Put the sponge under running water and slowly rub and squeeze the sponge. As you do this the old makeup will slowly come out. You can do this several times until you re happy. Just make sure all of the soap gets out!

2. Do the exact same thing with the sponge as the first way up until the water. For this option, you will need a cup or bowl. Fill your dish with enough water for the sponge to be submerged. Put the sponge in the water and squeeze the sponge a few times to fill it with the water in the dish.

Once that is all set, put that cup in the microwave for 30-second increments. Only do this a few times, otherwise, the water could get too hot and burn your sponge!! Once you are finished with the microwave, slowly cool down your sponge under cold water. Be careful not to hurt your hand since the water inside the sponge will be very hot!

Expensive makeup isn’t always better than the drugstore

I have always been a drugstore kind of gal, and I still am. The only kinds of products that I will enjoy spending some extra money on are eyeshadow or other products that will last a long time.

Foundation, concealer, and mascara are things I go through very quickly so going the cheaper route has always been a great option for me. Some amazing products that I am loving right now are the L'Oréal Infallible Fresh Wear 24HR Foundation, E.L.F. Camo Concealer, L'Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara, and the Milani Rose Powder Blush.

The drugstore list could go on and on. If anyone is interested, I can include it in the comments or my next article! Some high-end products that I think are worth the money is the Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palettes, The James Charles Palette, any Urban Decay Naked Palette, and the Tarteist PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette.

There are so many other things that I could put in this article, but I don't want to overload this single article. If the desire is there, I will write up another article on this topic.