Time Of The Year Where Hurricanes Come Through

They cause damage to your home

41
Google imgaes

During the fall time, hurricanes do damage to many states. In 2016 the hurricane Matthew is coming up from Florida up to Maryland. Being from Maryland I rarely feel the force of a hurricane. Normally the hurricane will lose all of it force by the time it gets to Maryland. The last hurricane to actually hit Maryland was Sandy. Now that I go to school in South Carolina I have felt the experience of other hurricanes. School was closed all week so that South Carolina can prepare for it. Last year was awful because of the hurricane Hermine destroying people homes.

During school the power was out and school was closed for a week. The roads were flooded so it was hard to go anywhere. The weather advisories that I am normally prepared for is snow storms. Being up in Maryland snow storms are very common during winter. Hurricane affects people way worse than snow storms. People houses are being damaged during this time. My friend's houses were damaged during this time which is quite sad. Some people even die because of the strength of the hurricane. Nothing is as worst as Katrina. Katrina took the homes of so many people and the state alone of New Orleans was just destroyed. They had to rebuild their cities up due to the damage. People had to evacuate from the state that they were born and raised in. The natural disaster of hurricanes are something that happens depending on the area you reside in. I cannot relate to the people who have went down this path of hurricanes destroying their homes.

I am quite thankful to be in an area where things like that do not happen every year. This time of the year must be the worst for the residents of South Carolina and Florida. They will get through this with help from their communities. During this time be cautious of where you are at. Stay in your home until the storm has passed. Be safest that you can be while hurricanes are going on. They can be so devastating towards your home. None the less have safety plans for when they come into action.