Time Magazine Recognizes The Nintendo Switch

After 9 months of success, Time Magazine recognizes the Nintendo Switch as a milestone of 2017

Ever since its debut in early March 2017, the Nintendo Switch has been one of the hardest technological devices to get a hold of. This is because it is one of the most innovative gaming consoles’s the gaming industry has ever seen as it is a handheld system that doubles as a home console. As 2017 comes to an end, it is time for Time Magazine to declare the best Technology of the year. It is no surprise to see that Time Magazine has deemed the Nintendo Switch as one of the best gadgets for consumers to buy in 2017. According to Ashley Jenkins from The Know, sales over this year’s Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday help support this nomination.

If we look back at the Nintendo Switches launch, it is obvious as to why the Switch saw so much initial success as it launched with "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild". "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild" managed to take control of the gaming industry by itself, which significantly aided the hype surrounding Nintendo’s new hybrid console. So much so that is was close to impossible to get your hands on one. However, it was ultimately the design of the Nintendo Switch hardware that made so attractive to consumers. Nintendo went with a design that, in the right circumstances, let consumers have a never-ending game session. Consumers can be playing in the comfort of their home by using the dock that connects the Switch hardware to their television, connect their joy con controllers to the hardware, and take their gaming experience anywhere. This is ideal in today’s society as many people like to game but are always in and out of their home. As the time goes on Nintendo seems to be doing their best to make sure that the switch keeps up with its far more powerful rivals, the Xbox One and the PlayStation, by including AAA gaming titles such as "Skyrim" and "Doom" in the Switch’s gaming lineup. "Doom", in particular, gave a lot of consumers hope for the Nintendo Switch as it stands as one of the most graphically demanding games to date and there were many people who were skeptical about the power of the Nintendo Switch.

The amount of success the Nintendo Switch has had has proven to the gaming industry that Nintendo is still the powerhouse we have known it to be. Nintendo went from having a bad couple of years following the Wii U to having Switch sales that really put pressure on the competing companies. Considering what it has been able to accomplish in only 9 months, there is no surprise that Time Magazine recognizes the Switch as 2017’s top gadget to have.