A Letter Sent To Myself In A Time Machine

I see you blooming.

2661

A letter to myself in the future,

Good morning, I've been trying to tell you for years now that you are talented. That your body is just an add on to you. Don't let edges define you. Calories were made to be eaten so stop counting. Please write it's the only thing that's going to get you out of this hood. You can make it out. Write until every birthday journal is filled, until you have nothing left to say. you will always have something to say. I'm here to tell you, "Poet Breathe Now." Go get back in your zone and spit mind-boggling metaphors into the mic, because someone needs to hear the truth. You need to make that stage boom because once it shakes you will every ones heartache. So poet speak now because no one else will do it for you. Go find the good people like grandma told you.

Remember it's hard to find them, look where vines grow from trees our ancestors planted. Where their fingernails were filled with dirt from plantation owners. They left this for you. Notes tied with leaves smeared with bloody soil. I am praying you make it further them. That these roots from southern trees won't drag you underground with the earthworms. That you will rise with all the beautiful creatures.

You are beautiful.

Inside and out.

Stop doubting yourself.

Let your true roots show.

Never be ashamed of where you came from. It made who you are today.

Let your arms stretch wide like the branches from your favorite childhood tree.

Lather in self love.

Take time for you there is no shame in being alone it does not mean you are lonely it means you have find solitude in being alone. You have found peace in a time you never thought you could again because the universe never gives us anything we cannot handle. You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it. You are a flower child so bloom. Let your petals reach for the sun. She believed she could so she did.