My First Time

My First Time

Getting hooked on a frappuccino.

24
My First Time
Tumblr

I remember seeing all the coffee fanatics and coffee-dependent people every day of my life. I would just watch when people would explode with happiness from getting coffee. I just sat there and watched the people who couldn’t wake up and be happy without coffee. I kind of understand where they come from, but still not in its entirety. I must admit that my whole college experience changed when I had my first Frappuccino.

First, it all started when my friends and I were hanging out. We were casually talking and people were just walking by from the AUMazing bean aka our Starbucks. One of my best friends was sitting beside me and casually sipping her life away on her caramel Frappuccino. I had always seen her with this same cup of coffee almost every single day. So, I don’t know what compelled me to try and see what all the hype was, but she told me to hold it for a second. I don’t know why but I asked her could I try some. She let me try a sip, because she loves me of course.

I took a sip and waited for the stereotypical joy that everyone has when having coffee. I waited. I took another sip, slowly. I waited. I can admit that it was pretty tasty, but not enough to make me get one of my own. Things changed when I decided to buy my very own cup. I watched as the barista made the Frappuccino and added the whitest of whip cream that I could even dream of. I thanked her kindly and smiled in anticipation.

I took my first sip of my very own caramel Frappuccino and I don’t know what happened. My eyes felt like they lit up. My veins sung in happiness at all the new energy I was receiving. The euphoria I was feeling was like a happy filter from snapchat washed over my life. I was smiling everywhere and had an extra hop to my bubbly step. I can’t imagine not having a Frappuccino now. I won’t say I’m obsessed, but I craved it throughout my freshman year. The taste reminds of a sweet birthday cake and I can’t just let that feeling and that taste go. I don’t regret getting welcomed to the dark side because Starbucks makes me very happy.

I just want to thank everyone who accepted my over the top happiness. I can’t say that I plan to stop purchasing those delicious drinks. I haven’t had one in a while. I will; however, have plenty in the next fall semester. I can’t wait for the next time I can drink in pure happiness. I am happy that I can easily try new things now because there was a time when I wouldn’t be adventurous with my life. But who knew that I would be a caramel Frappuccino enthusiast? Do you want to come to the dark side as well?