Time Flies

Time Flies

Seconds and minutes suddenly turn into years flying by.

43

They say that time flies as you get older. When I was in elementary school, I felt like I was waiting a century for summer to come. When I was in middle school, it felt like getting my braces off was just going to take forever. In high school, graduation couldn't come fast enough. But now that I'm in college, I hear myself saying that I never want school to end more and more often.

College is the best four years of our lives, supposedly. It's where we meet our lifelong friends, make memories that will last a lifetime and prepare ourselves for the future. We learn more about ourselves than we thought was possible, and even though it may be hard to admit, we never want school to end. As I'm approaching the end of my sophomore year, it's crazy to me how fast time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday I was a super awkward freshman getting lost on my way to my first class, anxious about who I was going to sit next to.

I know I shouldn't want to be in college forever, but right now it feels that way, and that's okay. It's okay to want life to pause in a standstill, never letting time pass you by. It's okay to not want to get older because you know life will only get harder. It's okay to dread the future. As much as we want to, we can't control the hands moving on the clock. We can only control what we're making of the time we have now.

So, as time is flying by, and I'm getting sad that I'm already halfway done with college, I need to remember this: I need to make the most of it. When you're a high school senior, four more years of school sounds like a long time. In reality, it's not, but because we think that, we take advantage of the time we have. We need to make the most of it because unfortunately, time flies.