9 Pieces Of Advice For College Freshmen

9 Pieces Of Advice For College Freshmen

Enjoy college, but be wise.

5
9 Pieces Of Advice For College Freshmen
www.theodysseyonline.com

New state, new environment, a fresh clean slate. Where no one knows who you are. No one knows your past mistakes, a great time to reinvent yourself. As school is fast approaching, I can't help but think of the Freshman version of myself. It's so crazy what two years can do for someone. As I reflect, and think back to that broken little freshman there is so much I wish I could tell her.

1. Watch who you call a friend.

I've said it so many times, wait 90 days before you call someone your friend. This term is just thrown around so easily. Going into college is exciting, and you get to meet so many cool new people. While that can be so great, everyone is on there best behavior, trying to show the best version of themselves. Just wait until you go home for fall break, everything changes. People start showing there true colors, and you find out that the people you thought you would kick it with in college, might be the ones who cause you the most hurt.

2. Don't stay up every night.

You have so much freedom, but please do not take it for granted. Staying up late and pulling all nighters to hang out might not be the best decision. Once in a while ok, but not too frequently. Your there to get your degree, remember that. All this staying up will cause trouble, try focusing with no sleep and having to listen to an hour lecture, not a good combination. You'll fall asleep sitting up, trust me on this. I've been there.

3. Watch who you surround yourself with.

Plane and simple you surround yourself with bad people, you will automatically be thought of as a bad person. It sucks, but people judge a lot. But don't not hang out with someone just because someone else told you bad stuff about them thats so not ok. Experience it for yourself. While people talk, they also can be closed off and not accept someone because of stupid gossip.

4. Don't jump into anything to soon.

I will say this a bazillion times, wait 90 days. No matter how cute someone may be you are a freshman, and both of you have a lot of growing, and changes coming your way. Do not jump into anything with the first new guy that comes your way. You have a campus full of them. I can't stress enough, it is okay if you don't find someone in college. Stop looking, good things happen to those who are chillin', just doing you. You'll see a different them when fall break hits, just wait.

5. Get involved

Whether sports or something else, it makes college a more enjoyable time.

6. Don't use all your skips at once

Do not over skip; you're there to get that diploma. Skipping classes won't help. Don't get on the professors bad side, you might have them again for another class. They're people too, get to know them. It will help you in the long run.

7. Watch what you eat

Freshman 15 is real. Exercise and choose wisely. You don't want to look back at your high school senior photos, asking what happened.

8. You have to study

Enough said: college isn't like high school, you actually have to study to pass and do your work.

9. Make amazing memories.

College is the time of your life so enjoy it, make memories. Have fun adventures, and cool road trips that you won't forget. It will be so worth it. You don't want it to fly by and you're alone thinking 'where did time go.' And keep in touch with the friendships you do make.