Time Does Not Heal, Jesus Does

Time Does Not Heal, Jesus Does

The Lord heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. ~Psalm 147:3

438
Time Does Not Heal, Jesus Does
Turn Back To God

"It'll get better with time"

That's what they all say. Whether it's breakups, death of a close family member, disappointment, or just overall hard times, when you're in need of comforting words, it's reassuring to hear that your broken or heavy heart will heal with time.

Time does not heal the wounds, it only allows us to run from our fears and the obstacles placed in front of us instead of facing them head on. It doesn't get better with time, the memories only get clouded and the pain pushed to the back of our minds. We ignore the problems and we think we are healing.

Time is a comfort. We're too weak to tackle distressing situations so we push it off till tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. And soon the obstacle seems to be long gone, so we move on. But covering up a broken or hurting heart will not help it heal.

We don't have time. Tomorrow is not a given. Why would you put your comfort in time healing all your wounds when you don't know if you'll live to see another day? Life is uncertain, that's for sure. So how could we, sinful and finite creatures, protect ourselves from unexpected situations out of our control?

We can't. We can't do it ourselves. We can't fight against the world on our own. We can't heal a broken and tattered heart. We're weak, struggling, and lost in darkness.

We need Jesus.

He died for us so that we could live free from burdens, but we can't receive the glories of his love until we admit that we need it. Claiming you can heal yourself with time is rejecting His outstretched arms. We need to turn to Him in times of suffering so that he can give us the comfort we long for. We need to confess that we are sinful and vulnerable, and that we cannot heal ourselves using earthly possessions like alcohol, work, or time as distractions.

Once we accept that only God can heal our wounds, He surely will. He will lead us out of darkness and into the wonderful light. He will take that broken heart and show it why it never should've been broken in the first place. He will remind you that you were fearfully and wonderfully made and that in His eyes, you are perfect. Jesus wiped away your sins and the Lord is using you to fulfill a purpose. He'll help you to realize that you were created to shine your light and spread His love to every corner of the earth.

You are more than a broken heart or a seemingly unbearable situation, for God has used that pain to bring you closer to Him. He brought you through the heartache and will continue to stay by your side until you join him in Heaven.

That terrible thing that just happened to you? You lived. You're still here for a reason. God helped you overcome it and will not leave you during the healing process. He has bigger and better plans in mind for you. He is going to use you to change the world, even if that's only from the prospective of one lowly sinner.

Use that comfort instilled in you to inspire others to reach for God in times of trouble. Tell them that they don't have to struggle alone, the Lord will lift the burdens right off of their shoulders and lead them back on the right path so that they can accomplish what God has envisioned for them.

So you decide. Next time you're faced with the trials and tribulations of the world, are you going to mourn in spirit with Jesus or mourn in your sinful flesh? Are you going to wander around in the darkness trying to figure things out on your own? Or will you look to God and let him light your way?

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."