Does Your Time Really Belong To You?

Does Your Time Really Belong To You?

We want everything to be instantaneous, but the journey to achieving our goals is what leads us to discover Christ.

33
Does Your Time Really Belong To You?
Facebook/LaurenDukehart

It seems as though life is a constant struggle against time. There isn't enough time in the day, things aren't going to schedule, or maybe you thought you would have your life figured out by now. We all feel this way, trust me! It's incredibly frustrating and tiring to have to constantly worry about time. We think that we should be able to control everything, but the truth is, we will never be able to do that and we will never be satisfied in trying to do that.

I have been struggling recently with figuring out what I'm going to do after college. Yes, I know, I am only a freshman, but this is a serious concern for me. I truly don't have a plan and many things have changed in my heart since coming to college. I realized that all this time I have been trying to control this part of my life when I have absolutely no idea what may lie ahead.

A verse that has really helped me through this is Ecclesiastes 3:11, "yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." It is super common for people, especially at my age, to worry about their lives and what will come of them. What we don't realize is that God sees the whole picture. We can only see little pieces, but God has already put everything together. He knows each and every part of Your life and has His sovereign hand in everything to guide You. If we follow Christ, we will be able to lead the life God has intended for us. That life is perfect in His will. That's right, perfect.

As ordinary people, we try to make things happen exactly when we want them and then freak out when that doesn't happen. We don't know how to not get our way. But as Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." This means even sadness, heartbreak, and mourning. Times may get difficult, but everything is made beautiful in God's time.

We want everything to be instantaneous, but the journey to achieving our goals is what leads us to discover and seek God. My prayer for you all this week is that God gives you the patience and understanding to trust His plan for you life. Everything will happen in His time. So just relax and enjoy the ride.