Tik Tok VersusTrump

Tik Tok VersusTrump

TikTok's influence on the Trump campaign and almost ban

41
Tik Tok VersusTrump
https://www.thecut.com/2020/07/why-the-trump-administration-wants-to-ban-tiktok.html

President Trump's campaign promised huge crowds at his rally in Tulsa, Okla., on June 20th, but it failed to deliver. Hundreds of teenage TikTok users and K-pop fans say they're at least partially responsible. Many teenagers and TikTok users registered potentially hundreds of thousands of tickets for Mr. Trump's campaign rally as a prank. The use of social media has allowed information to spread like wildfire and this isn't new.

Many users deleted their posts after 24 to 48 hours in order to conceal their plan and keep it from spreading into the mainstream internet. The majority of people who made them deleted them after the first day because they didn't want the Trump campaign to catch the wind. Being part of generation z I can say we are a very creative bunch that thinks about everything. It is funny to think that the Trump administration was played by a bunch of young adults and teens. Generation Z is all the kids who grew up off of social media and dystopian films and books. We are very aware of how corrupt governments can be and we are finally learning to speak out for a better future and fight until we get our way.

TikTok has been the main social media this year for not only entertainment but also a platform to spread awareness of social injustice and political issues.

Also, there has been the issue of The Trump administration apparently considering banning Chinese social-media apps, including TikTok, over security concerns. The government fears that the Chinese government will use the app to obtain personal data from American Citizens. I find this kind of ridiculous because if this was the case the Chinese government would already have all of our information and if it was an issue the United States government would have done a complete ban many years back. I believe this consideration to ban TikTok is just an accuse to stop the impact TikTok users have on the Trump campaign and the 2020 presidential elections.