If you don't know, Tik Tok is an app where people can record, edit, and publish short videos anyone with a Tik Tok account can watch. It's basically the new version of Vine, except better. On the app, you can follow friends to send them funny videos, "heart" a video you think is funny or cool, and even comment on videos. Because the app is so addicted, I have found myself watching Tik Tok videos for several hours a day.
My roommates are obsessed with the app as well and we have even taken to creating our own videos. All we talk about anymore is Tik Toks. I even found myself sending my mom one the other day.
As you can see, my liking for this app has gotten a little out of hand. If I quit watching Tik Toks, though, I won't understand anything my friends and roommates are talking about. So, to stay in the loop, I have to feed my obsession.
My advice to anyone who does not have a Tik Tok or has even never heard of it is that you definitely SHOULD NOT download it. It is the biggest waste of time and enabler of procrastination. I think I am going to have to start setting maybe a twenty-minute timer each time I open the app because I lose track of time too easily.
When I wake up in the morning, I get on Tik Tok. When I am at lunch with friends, I get on Tik Tok. When I am walking to class, I get on Tik Tok. The amount of time I spend watching these pointless, though hilarious videos are becoming alarming and I am not quite sure what to do about it.
I guess what I am trying to point out is that the app is too addictive. If you know you won't be able to stop, don't start watching Tik Toks, because I now have a serious problem.
- A Person's Struggle With Smartphone Addiction ›
- Artificial Intelligence Technology That Will Turn Against You ›
- Games That Didn't Get Enough Love ›
- Learning to Disconnect in Today's Society ›
- A Playlist For The 2000s Middle-Schooler Still Inside You ›
- If You Don'y Like My Social Media, Unfollow Me ›
- Current Events That Prove More Important Than Obsessing Over ... ›
- Behind the Scenes of "Greater Purpose" ›
- My Arch-Nemesis Is Programmed To Complicate My Life ›
- TikTok Bans Gun Videos: I Miss Vine And The Revolver Emoji ›
- Controlling what people see on your profile - Newsroom | TikTok ›
- Controlling Your DMs - Newsroom | TikTok ›
- Brittany(@brittany_broski) on TikTok: my birth control makes me ... ›
- TikTok (w/Musical.ly) Complete Parent App Review | Protect Young ... ›
- TikTok Social Media Privacy Settings - Internet Matters ›
- TIKTOK FOR YOU PAGE CONTROLS MY OUTFITS FOR A WEEK ... ›
- TikTok might be a Chinese Cambridge Analytica-scale privacy threat ... ›
- How TikTok Holds Our Attention | The New Yorker ›
- TikTok Tips: You're In Control Video Series | TikTok Official Account ... ›
- You're in Control, TikTok's new user safety videos, merge education ... ›
- TikTok Parental Controls: 6 Things to Know ›
- A guide to the app TikTok for anyone who isn't a teen. ›
- Tik Tok Parental Controls Guide - Bark ›
- How to Use TikTok: Tips for New Users | WIRED ›