11 Thoughts All Rising Seniors Have As Junior Year Ends

Inside the mind of a rising senior who eager for summer yet scared of applying to colleges.
491

The end of junior year brings some inner turmoil; students want to enjoy their summer before the hassle of applying to colleges, but they also don't want to slack off too much and put their admissions at risk. Here are some common thoughts that some of us may have.

1. Yesss, it's finally summer!

No more late nights, assessments or terrible cafeteria food and two months of binge watching Netflix. We choose to ignore the fact that we'll have to start the grind again for senior year.

2. Gotta start cracking on those SAT subject tests.

Now that all school work is done, it's time to start studying AGAIN for those pesky subject tests that show how much you've forgotten since the AP exam. And on test day, you will be reunited with your fellow classmates a little too early.

3. Senior Pictures!

Let's be real, your yearbook picture must look flawless. That is why you need to perfect your makeup routine and make an appointment with Cady Studios to get that amazing picture. And think of a bomb senior quote to go with it.

4. Me n' my girls

Finally, you and your friends can get together and stuff yourselves with ice cream or have spontaneous photoshoots at the Ponce City Market... either way, it's a girls' night out!

5. The Beach

Everyone will go to the beach at one point during the summer, and you'll be seeing bikini clad girls all over your Instagram feed. But it doesn't matter where you go as long as you are taking a break from school and exploring some exotic locations!

6. Oh no . . . AP Exam scores?

Around July, College Board will remind you to check your AP Exam scores via email. You can choose to ignore it or stress over your potential score. Remember, it is OK if you do not get a five; you did your best!

7. Shopping, shopping and more shopping

Chances are that you haven't shopped in forever because of your busy schedule but not anymore. Hit up Northpoint Mall for a new wardrobe and accessories! Gotta set the bar high for the seniors after you!

8. Summer homework?

The two months of freedom we get is simply an elongated version of a weekend, meaning there will be homework due on the first day back. And if you are taking more AP classes, you can expect the homework to be extremely confusing.

9. Weight gain . . . yay.

Eating is hard when you are in a stress filled environment with 50 assessments due the next day. But you won't be able to let your inhibitions hold you back when you have two months off with junk food all in the fridge.

10. What's cardio?

You will be content sitting sitting on the couch, texting all your friends and Netflixing. In fact, you may notice a lack of vitamin D and your skin getting paler. Don't be alarmed; your true potential as a couch potato is shining through.

11. Sleeping a little too much . . .

You might get a little bored with nothing to do, so sleeping comes naturally. You may lose chunks out of your day, but at least you'll be well rested for your late night festivities.

Though these thoughts may reign supreme on your to do list this summer, make sure you forget about school for a while and have some fun!