Thoughts on Tattoos

Feelings about Tattoos

Tattoos can either be great or things you’ll hate.

26
Feelings about Tattoos

Tattoos. Many people have different opinions about tattoos. Some could never imagine marking up their body with ink. but some people will cover every single inch of their body with it. Growing up, I was surrounding by those with tattoos, whether it was one a few hidden gems or covered from head to toe. I really enjoyed art and drawing, so the idea that you could permanently get a piece of art drawn on you to take everywhere was the coolest thing ever. But soon, real world thoughts came into play. What if I go to the wrong shop to get a tattoo done? What if they butcher my whole idea? How could I hide it? What if it become an issue in the future that I have tattoos? These are just a few of the many questions everyone probably reviews before getting a tattoo.

The first worry about getting tattoos was is it going to affect me in my future career? Personally, I'm a business major. BUSINESS. That should be a red flag right there, but I feel that nowadays, tattoos aren't looked upon as something that could stop me from a career. I feel that it's honestly turning into a norm to have a tattoo, even if it's the size of a dime.

The second worry about tattoos is will it be something I'll love for the rest of my life? I have 4 tattoos. I'm the type of person that enjoys putting meaning behind most tattoos, but not all necessarily. If there's a genuine reason behind it, there shouldn't be an issue of if you'll love it or not in the end because it can bring back memories and feelings from that very moment of even getting the tattoo. But you can still have those moments where you question what the point even was for getting a certain tattoo.

The third worry is COMMITMENT. This is the biggest worry of them all. All of the tattoos I have at small, most even hidden, but that’s just because I’m scared of the idea of getting a huge tattoo that may not be something that I know could be the best, but a few tips that I think can help when deciding to get a tattoo are to make sure you completely sure, be in the right state of mind, and NEVER get a matching tattoo with someone who you feel is someone that is just temporary. If you find yourself thinking back to the same idea for a tattoo over and over again. do it. If you’re scared because of the pain that you may feel, do it. It never stopped anyone before, so you’ll be fine! One day I hope to take my own advice, but as for right now, I’ll keep rereading this until I get some courage myself!