Dear College, This Is What Your Seniors About To Graduate Are Feeling

I'll graduate happy, and say goodbye to my college life and hello to the future.

510

Dear College,

I waited so long for you. When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to start. And when I finally started, I loved you and I hated you. I hated the classes, the late nights of writing essays, but I loved the new friends you gave me, the new experiences I had and all of the independence and freedom you helped me discover.

As I enter my last semester, there are so many thoughts running through my head, and so many emotions are running throughout my body. From excitement to sadness, to confusion and doubt, I really don't know how I feel. How is it even possible that this is my last semester? It feels like it just started. What am I going to do when I graduate? Where am I going to live? I don't know how to adult.

All the memories are running through my head, the good times and the bad times. The friends that came and then left, the friends that came and then stayed. The times I stayed up until 5:00 a.m. studying for that midterm that mattered so much, the fun weekends of going out with my friends and having too much to drink.

From freshman year when I was learning the ropes of how to juggle college classwork, a social life, and a job. To sophomore and junior year where I started to successfully figure out how to "college." To senior year: where I feel like I've grown so much as a person, but also have the fears of the future after this life I've known for the past four years.

But as this last semester of college approaches, more than anything, I'm thinking about how much I want to make this one count. I want to live this last semester to the fullest. I want to pull an all-nighter with my friends when I want to, I want to make the best memories possible, I want to have the most fun I've ever had, and put my absolute all into my last semester of coursework.

As this last semester of college starts, I'm going to do those things I never did, I'm going to reach all of my goals, and live this last semester to the fullest and make it worthwhile. And when it's over, I can say I did my best, had the time of my life and made incredible memories that will last a lifetime. I'll graduate happy, and say goodbye to my college life and hello to the future.