14 Things That Go Through Your Mind In The Back Of An Uber

14 Things That Go Through Your Mind In the Back Of An Uber

Drunk or sober, lost or have an exact idea of where you are going...Uber rides are always interesting.

235
Instagram

I'm just going to come out and say how incredibly awesome Uber is. As a college student, Uber saves the day by requiring my friends and I to have zero DD's on weekends. Uber has also bailed me out when I didn't have rides to the airport. All in all, Uber is an affordable and convenient way to get around.

I can guarantee you that anyone between the ages of 18 and 25 have an interesting Uber story to tell. Whether it was the driver that made the night interesting or the backseat was loaded down with six tipsy girls, Uber stories tend to be some of the best stories I have ever heard.

Whilst riding along in the backseat of a stranger that you pay money to to get from Point A to Point B, here are some thoughts you may be having:

1. *as the Uber pulls up to my house* "Is it safe for me to ride in an Uber alone?"

While I know it is totally safe to ride in an Uber by myself, I always get this inkling of doubt every time I get into the backseat. What if they steal me? #girlproblems

2. "I wonder if this guy will have snacks/waters for me."

There is nothing better than hopping into an Uber and realizing there are free snacks for the drive.

3. "I wonder how long this person has been driving for Uber."

I think about this every time I get into an Uber. Maybe I'm their first ride, maybe I will be their last. You never know

4. "Wow their music taste if FIRE/AWFUL."

Usually there is no in between. You either love the music that your uber picks out, or you hate it.

5. "I wonder if they would get upset if I asked them to change it."

Like it is their care but at the same time, I'm paying them. So, you know, I should have some say.

6. "Wow this person is QUITE the chatty-Kathy."

Everyone has had the Uber driver that talks to them from the moment they sit down to the moment they leave the car. Some times it can be charming, other times you want to take a diving roll out of the moving car.

7. "This person has not uttered a single word to me since I have gotten into the car."

There are also the drivers that make a point not to speak to their passengers. I have had the most awkward, silent Uber rides before. After about five minutes of me attempting conversation, I eventually just sit back for the rest of the way.

8. "I wonder what this Uber thinks about overloading their car."

Ah yes, the inevitable night out Uber that is loaded down with three too many people. I wonder if this person is just hating their life for having to drive us or if they are enjoying the craziness.

9. "What happens if this Uber wrecks?"

While this has never happened to me, I always wonder what the protocol is if an Uber wrecks the car. Do they call me another one? Do I have to pay for said other Uber? Good questions people.

10. "This Uber has braved the night to return me to my humble abode."

This statement clearly comes from a post-night on the town brain. There is something so relieving about seeing your Uber pull up to the corner and knowing you now get to go home.

11. "Did this person grow up here or are they new to the area?"

Honestly, this question answers itself when you see how the Uber drives through the streets. If the driver is from the area, they will maneuver the city to their knowledge rather than the GPS. Drivers that are new to the area will follow the directions on their phone as if they are directions to the Holy Grail.

12. "Don't spill the drink, don't spill the drink."

Everyone knows the fear of spilling something in an Uber and having to pay for damages fee. It is a hefty price for a simple mistake...ain't nobody got time for an $80 spill fee.

13. "If a driver got a ticket, would their fine be higher because they are an Uber driver?"

Maybe this is just me, but I always wonder about this. Logistically, I don't know why they would be more expensive, it just makes sense in my head.

14. "Driving for Uber actually seems like fun. I wonder how much money I could make."

It never fails that every time I take an Uber, I consider driving for like five minutes. I move on from the idea every time, but who knows...maybe one day I'll take it up.