10 Thoughts That Cross My Mind About Graduating College In December

WHY DID I RUSH SCHOOL AND WANT TO GRADUATE EARLY??

65
Photo by Logan Isbell on Unsplash

If you are like me, graduating in December and trying to figure out what life is going to be like after this is all over then you are probably having some similar thoughts as me. I ponder everyday thinking if I want to stay in the same area for graduate school or if I just move back home with mom and dad to save money up? I often think WHY DID I RUSH SCHOOL AND WANT TO GRADUATE EARLY!

For anybody that has not gone through the stress of applying for graduate school, wait no longer and DO IT, you will thank yourself later. I like to say "it's like college applications, but on steroids".

1. I just want summer back.

This is the lame part of the year where we're all depressed because the beach is no longer a thing. Where long nights of summer fun turn into long nights at the library. We don't even have the motivation of winter break in the middle of it all.

2. Why are applying for grad schools so hard?

You want this for what and how much for that? Applying for graduate schools has been the absolute death of me since the beginning of August. First I had to conquer the GRE and now I feel like I am giving my life away.

Let me tell you one thing graduate school applications are like college applications on steroids!

3. You want me to graduate with HOW MUCH debt and gain even MORE debt for MORE schooling?

Because all of the money I just got in debt to do four years of school, yeah I just want to add more onto that.

4. Maybe moving home with mom and dad wouldn't be that bad...

A thought that often crosses my mind... If I just live at home with mom and dad then I can save some money, but do I really want to give that sense of independence away if I move back home?

5. How many more weeks until graduation?

Right now, as I write this only 12 and a half more weeks of the semester left!!

6. Crap, I have to find a full-time job after graduation!

How do I even write a resume? What are future employers going to think of me? How do I even find a job? What is a competitive salary?

7. Can I go back to bed yet?

9:00 - *wakes up to go to class*

9:30-10:45: *complains that she wants to sleep*

11:00-12:15: *more complaining about how I would rather be in bed than sit through class*

12:30: *ahhh, the sweet relief of my bed*

I basically just want to sleep all day, but can you blame me?

8. Why did I wait until now to take this class?

I have been holding off this class for a year now and here I am, last semester, deciding to take it now. We got through the first three chapters (I struggled) and the professor looks at us and goes "if you thought this was hard, wait until we keep going through class." Needless to say, I frantically searched for the tutors email.

9. How do I even adult after I graduate?

How am I even supposed to afford to support myself when we could not even go a week in college without calling home to my mom or dad because I had such a small problem?

10. GRADUATION IS UPON US!

THREE. MORE. MONTHS.