Thoughts From An Incoming Second-Semester Junior
College

Enjoy it. Time-flies.

52
students

As I type the headline to my article I sit and freeze thinking how freaking fast time has flown. One minute you are moving into your dorm room scared to say goodbye to your parents. As you navigate through your freshman year, chances are you may be homesick and come home often if you live close enough. Before you know it, you are an upperclassman, not going home as much, and cherishing your life and friends.

Whether I admit this or not, these are the good times.

Yes, school is hard. Adulting is rough, but living your best friends and learning how to navigate this amazing and confusing life is all the fun and lessons you need.

Through the good, the bad, and the ugly I have learned valuable lessons along my college experience. These experiences have made me the strong, independent, woman I am so proud to be today.

Sure, at the moment when I was struggling, I felt down and lost. But looking back now, if I did not experience these challenging times I would not have the courage and bravery I have today.

We need these moments where we feel low to make us realize we will have these days, months, and times where we do not feel as powerful as we want to be, and that is okay.

Step out of your comfort zone. Do something that makes you nervous at first, but glad you did it in the end.

In the end, we are only young once. So, stay up late, eat junk food when you crave it and have fun.

Enjoy the college years and create those memories. Leave no room for regrets.

After all, these are the good old days baby, so go out and make the most of the time you have. I promise you won't regret it!